chapter 13

Camila's POV

{present day}

"How's everyone doing down there?" Shawn screamed into the microphone. I stared at him from afar, my arms crossed over my chest and the biggest smile on my face.

We were at Shawn's last concert for his SM3 tour.

"Okay so this is my last song and also the last song of this entire tour so I want you to be as loud as you can alright?"
The crowd cheered for him and he smiled a huge smile. "Okay so this is Lost in Japan."

The lights dimmed down and only a single spotlight shined on him. He stared at the ground for a while and pushed his hair out of his face.

He looked so beautiful. It almost felt like I was falling in love with him all over again but I held myself back. Let's not make the same mistakes again.

He looked over at me and my heart stopped. He flashed me a smile and looked away immediately, starting to sing one of my favourite songs.

That smile stopped my breathing. What is he doing to me?

After finishing the song and leaving the crowd in a very cheery yet sad mood, he started speaking into the mic.

I quickly took out my phone and started texting Andrew, making sure he was ready for Shawn's surprise that me and some of Shawn's management team had arranged for him.

C : ready?

A : in three
A : two
A : one

"Thank you so so much. This tour has been so incredible. I'm grateful-" Shawn was cut off when his microphone stopped working. He tapped on it for a while before the screen behind him lit up and the entire crowd started screaming like crazy. He turned around and noticed the video messages playing in the background.

It started with Shawn's parents.
I watched his face light up and become sad at the same time.

Andrew came up to me and grabbed my hand, dragging me backstage. I was unsure about what he was doing but before I could ask, he explained "You're going to go up to stage with everyone and take the cake to him. Remember to serve enough PDA for the fans to enjoy."

Oh right. I'm still "dating" him.

He pushed me into the crowd of people waiting backstage with a cake that said "GOODBYE SM3". I peeked towards the stage and noticed Shawn was now crouched on the floor, looking at the screen. He seemed really emotional but a huge smile was plastered across his face, and he would occasionally wipe away a tear or two from his cheeks.

"Shawn." I was startled by my own voice that was playing on stage. The crowd cheered louder than before, making me blush. "I hope you enjoyed this little surprise and I just want to say I'm so proud of you and everyone that took part in this tour. I still remember writing 'I know what you did last summer' with you and I can't believe how far you've come. I wish you all the best for the future and yeah, love you."

Although that "love you" was a platonic one, I wanted to tell him how much I really loved him but I can't.

The screen switched off and we started walking up to stage. Shawn nervously chuckled and shook his head upon seeing us come up to him. He got off the ground and felt unsure about how to react. He was crying really hard by then and he came up to me, pulling me into a hug and kissing the side of my head.

"Love you too Mila." He whispered into my hair, as a response to the video that was playing on the screen earlier. After seeing him this emotional, I started tearing up too and I was so overcome with emotions that even before I could think about what I was doing, I held his face in my hands and kissed his lips.