chapter 10

Shawn's POV

{present day}

After about a week of not wanting to face the reality and avoiding Camila, I decided it was time to renegotiate the contract. Andrew was extremely pissed at me but he still gave me a week long break to get everything together and after that time had passed, I knew there wasn't anything to do other than just be Camila's fake boyfriend.

I called Andrew and set up a meeting with Camila and her team. I wanted to text Camila but a part of me told me not to, but I did tell myself that I would talk to her at the meeting.

I was sat at the same exact location as the last meeting and I saw Camila come in and sit opposite to me, without any word or even acknowledging my presence.

It physically hurt me to see her be this way. I knew I had brought this upon myself but I just couldn't have her not even look at me.

I sighed and said "I want to talk to Camila alone for a while."
Both Camila and Andrew looked at me, a strange look on their face.
"Please." I insisted.
All of the members of the meeting nodded and got up, except for Camila, who continued staring at me.

After they were gone, I went up to Camila and stood beside her. She didn't look at me so I started speaking anyways.

"I'm sorry." I said. "I shouldn't have been so rude to you."
She looked up at me, her eyes teary, and said "Shawn, you can't just say sorry and make it all okay." Her voice started to break down. I crouched down beside her, turning her chair to face me and placed my hands on hers, which were resting on her lap.

"I know...Camila you're my best friend and you know how much you mean to me; I was just scared that I'll lose you over this fake dating bullshit and I don't want that. I want to have you right beside me, until the end of my days. So please, forgive me. I don't want to fight with you and-"

"Shawn you'll never lose me, nothing in the world can seperate us. We've been together, even after everything that happened in high school and that's saying something. I didn't see any disadvantages when I signed this contract and I still don't see any, we'll not stop being friends just because of a stupid contract Shawn. A simple piece of paper can't tear us apart and you know that."

I nodded and looked at her, before asking "Can we be best friends again?"
"You will always be my best friend." She said and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me in for a hug. I heard her sniffle into my shoulder and I placed her at arm's distance before wiping away her tears with my sleeves.

Best friends. I don't want to ruin that by telling her how I actually feel. I can still love her from a distance.

"I'm sorry too. I should've told you before I said yes."
"It's fine. I know you crack easily under pressure and I shouldn't have flipped out on you. So are we ready to be a fake couple again?"

The word 'again' brought back so many memories, especially that one day at Camila's place which almost tore us apart.

{3 years ago}

"It's just weed Cabello. You look like I handed you a fucking bomb or something." I said as she investigated the bag of weed I threw at her.
"Shawn. No. This is off limits." She said, still staring at the damn bag.

"Nope. I think I explained the deal pretty well, no matter how bad, how gross or how dangerous and you agreed to that."
"Shawn-"
I cut her off before she could say anything.

"It's either that or I tell your mother about your crack addiction." I said, while giving her an evil smile.
"What?!" She shouted, her eyes wide with shock. "That's not true and my mom won't even believe you if you said that."