chapter 28

☆ happy new year loves! hope you have a banging 2019 ☆

-

Camila's POV

{present day}

"Camila, the situation has gotten out of hand. People have already started calling you out for being abusive towards Shawn and the hashtag Camila is over party is currently trending on Twitter. You are losing followers real quick from every social media site. Why would you publicly get into a fight? And with Shawn for that matter? I thought you didn't want to see him again and that's why you pulled out of the contract." Stacy told me, once we were in the meeting room with a few other people from my management team.

"I didn't know he was going to be there, I promise." I sniffled.

"Camila please stop with the crying. It isn't helping any of us. We have to now look for a way to redeem your reputation. You will have to make an apology video, I don't see any other alternative. I'll call in someone to help you write something down and then act it out. Maybe we should also give Shawn Mendes's team a call and try to negotiate with them to push this under the rug. I mean he is getting just as much backlash as you, so I don't think that would be such a big problem."

"He's getting backlash?" I asked, confused.

"Well yeah. Some people are taking your side and saying there must have been something to provoke you; and then there was this girl who he slept with when he was still "dating" you, so now he's being called out for cheating on you." She explained.

"Oh." I simply said.

Yeah he slept with someone else, I vividly remember that night. The night that messed everything up.

I don't know how to really respond to any of this backlash I was getting, I have never been in this much trouble.

"Okay I'll quickly make some calls. Stay off social media for a few days, let the drama simmer down a bit, maybe even disable your accounts."

I nodded.

I will let them handle this. They've been handling my life pretty well for the past few years and once I do something without their control, everything goes to shit.

"Oh and Camila? I think we might need to get in touch with Mr. Barrymore. He's also starting to make headlines as your new boyfriend."

"But he isn't my boyfriend." I added.

"Well the media doesn't know that, and you frequently and openly hanging out with him has only fueled the dating rumours. Also I think he'll come in handy for resurrecting your reputation."

"How?" I asked.

"Well if you show people how happy you are with Anthony now, maybe people will understand that you weren't in the wrong when you fought with Shawn. They'll simply think that Shawn just wasn't the right guy for you and hence you got into a bad breakup that led up to this fight, confirming the cheating rumours."

So they want me to act like it was all Shawn's fault? And they want to show the media that I'm now in a healthy relationship with someone who doesn't cheat? But Anthony? No. Definitely not Anthony.

"No Stacy, Anthony is just my friend. I can't date him or even pretend to date him. It just won't happen, I'm sorry."

"Camila you don't have a choice. I did warn you about being seen with Anthony so quick after being broken up with Shawn. Now you're the slut. Can you imagine how quickly people will judge you if you're seen with yet another guy?"