chapter 19

(^this is the song that Camila sings in the second half of the story. i love this boy and his music with all my heart, so please give it a listen.)

-

Camila's POV

{present day}

"Did music industry's brand new couple, Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes go through a rough break up? Seems so, since both the stars have now unfollowed each other on Instagram and haven't been pictured ever since..." The reporter on the news continued speaking, when I finally groaned and switched it off.

I knew unfollowing him on Instagram would raise loads of questions but I was done seeing his face on my timeline everyday. I needed to cut him off entirely.

More importantly I couldn't watch him living his best life while I was cowering away in my room. I couldn't keep seeing him having the best time while I cried myself to sleep every night telling myself that leaving him behind was the right thing to do.

I picked up my phone and started scrolling through Instagram, and just then, I received a Twitter notification.

"Shawmila isn't dead! Just because they aren't following each other on Instagram and haven't been seen together for a while doesn't fucking mean, it's over. Shawmila is a lot more than just that!! Get that through your thick skull!"

Shawmila is dead. Get that through your thick skull.

Similar tweets and Instagram tags kept appearing on my phone and I put down my phone with frustration.

No one will let me live it down will they? I'm trying to forget him and people are making it so much harder for me. I need a walk. Alone.

I grabbed a huge pair of sunglasses and a cap to help me disguise myself. I put my hair up in a bun and put the cap on. I looked at myself in the mirror and was glad to find myself quite unrecognizable.

I left my apartment and stepped out to the streets of California. I walked around for a while, not quite sure where I was headed. After ages of just casually walking around, I bumped into someone.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." I told the boy, not really making any eye contact with him. He started walking away and replied "It's fine. Watch where..wait..Camila Cabello?" He stopped and caught up to me.

Fuck he recognises me. I think it's time to bolt.

"Camila. Hey, remember me?" He pointed towards his face and I stared at his face for the first time, immediately realising who it was.

"Anthony? Anthony Barrymore?" I asked, absolutely shocked that I would run into him.

"Yeah. Hi." He chuckled and went in for a hug. I hugged him back and my breathing suddenly hitched, recalling back to the last time he tried to get close to me.

I wanted to run away but I didn't want to be rude. He doesn't seem like the same Anthony I knew three years ago. He's changed. He has changed his hair and his style is a lot more mature, as I hoped it should be. But my eyes immediately travelled to the scar on his chin. Was that from when Shawn hit him? I don't remember that.

"It's crazy running into you. Wow. Both you and Shawn have been doing so amazingly, it's crazy to even think we used to go to the same school."

There's that fucking name again. Why do I keep hearing that name again and again when I'm trying my best to forget it? Why does it have to be so difficult?