chapter 24

Shawn's POV

{present day}

I was woken up the next day by my phone's loud ringing and as soon as I forced my eyes open, my head was spinning and I was in a lot of pain.

How much did I drink last night? I can't remember shit and my head wants to explode right about now.

I looked around for my phone and picked it up without looking at the name of the person calling me.

"Shawn you have crossed every line. Get your ass in the office right now or you'll be in deep shit. The record label is threatening to drop you." Andrew shouted from the other end of the line and it didn't exactly help with the headache I had.

Shit. Why can I not remember anything that happened last night? How could I have possibly messed up this bad? I started feeling completely shaken up. I didn't know what to do.

"Woah woah what? I don't remember anything from last night, what did I do?"
"Just check the fucking news Shawn." Andrew said and cut the call.

I got off my bed and collected the clothes from last night, that were lying all over the floor. I quickly slipped my clothes on and left the apartment.

A security team was already outside, waiting to pick me up. The team was a lot larger than my usual team, which was usually just one or two guards but today there were five of them.

Luke quickly ran up to me while instructing the other men to get into position "Shawn you have been ordered not to answer any of the questions you are asked. Ignore all of it and keep moving."

What the fuck is going on?

I nodded but I was still confused and was also a bit taken aback by Luke being so firm with me.

As soon as I stepped outside my apartment, a huge sea of people greeted me. It was absolutely insane and all of my security team had to hold them back.

The paparazzi asked me tons and tons of questions but I felt so disoriented that I couldn't even process what was being said to me. I just kept being pushed through the crowd by my team and I just went with the pushes and shoves, not entirely sure what was happening to my body. I finally made my way into my car.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I feel my mouth going dry and my hands begin to shake. What the fuck did I do?

The rest of the team got into the cars and Luke drove us off.

I quickly fished out my phone from my pocket and noticed the number of calls and messages and notifications I had. It was absolutely insane.

"Shawn Mendes gets into fight with former best friend"
"Did Shawn Mendes cheat on his ex-girlfriend?"

It slowly started to make sense. It was all because of what happened with Camila last night.

I quickly enabled my Instagram tags and quickly changed a few settings on Twitter and it got more and more overwhelming.

"Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello get into a physical fight"
"Former best friends Shawn and Camila have turned into enemies?"
"Watch this clip of Camila Cabello physically abusing Shawn Mendes"
"Our Canandian sweetheart isn't as sweet as he poses"