Chapter 6: Abused

TRIGGER WARNING: The following is not appropriate for readers that are easily disturbed or triggered! There will be verbal and physical abuse, blood and harm to characters! If you are fine with reading this type of shiz, carry on.  Just don't say that I didn't warn you!

°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*°*

{Phoenix's POV}

  I wake up a few hours later, my body actually wanting food.  This time, as I get up, I do so slowly, so that I won't fall again.  I carefully open my door and cautiously looking out into the hall.  After deciding it was safe, I walk out of my room and to the stairs. 

   When I'm going down, I never use the actual stairs, even though I usually get yelled at for doing so.  I usually teleport (which isn't currently an option), use the elevator, or slide down the railings.  I'm gonna go with the last choice and slide down today. I jump off when I get to the ground floor, stumbling slightly when I land.

   I cautiously walk into the the kitchen and grab one of the Nutella to Go containers.  I turn around and see my father.

'Well, frick,' I think. 

"What do you think you're doing?" he questions me.  I show him the Nutella, hoping he knows what I'm doing.  

"Did you ask to have food?" 

   Okay, he knows, but not thinking the way I would like him to.  I gulp and look down. "N-no, sir." 

"Then you do realize the punishment, correct?" 

   I start shaking, fearful of what I know will be coming.  My father gives me the twisted smile he wore when he murdered all those kids and lunges at me with his knife that seems to appear out of nowhere.  My body reacts on instinct and I leap back, out of the way. 

   I instantly sprint full force to the elevator and go inside.  I hit the button for the second floor, but the doors don't shut and I see my father walking towards me slowly, like a predator drawn to prey, knowing that the door won't shut in time. 

  I frantically press the close door button over and over, trying to shut the doors.  Finally, they start to slide closed, and my father picks up his pace.  The door shuts in his face just as he reaches it. 

  Sighing in relief, I lean against the wall, clutching my Nutella to my chest.  I reach my floor, and before the doors are fully open, I bolt, only to get flung into the wall by a wave of energy.

  NO! Nononononnononooo! 

   My father appears out of nowhere.  He starts to beat me, kicking and punching.  I don't even fight back.  The pain is blurring my senses, I can't see or think straight. 

   Then, I whisper a thought that I have never once in my life said, aloud. But I made sure that it was quiet enough for my father not to hear. 

"Please......someone help me...." 

     I'm sobbing hard, but no sounds come out, and I don't shake or move.  I've trained myself to cry without making a sound. 

  My father finishes the beating with a hard kick to my gut, causing me to cough up a but of blood. 

"Now remember, you little shit, to ask before you do or take something."  He walks away, chuckling to himself as I fall onto my side, the world blurring around me.... 

{Jeremy's POV}

     As soon as we walk into the house, my father slams the door shut and I try to crawl to the stairs, hoping to go unnoticed.  But, of course, my hopes are in vain.

     My dad picks me up by the neck of my sweater and pins me against the wall.  I can smell the alcohol on his breath, suddenly regretting coming home.

"So, you were in a fight?" he slurs. I nod. "How did you not get hurt?"

  Fear constricts my throat as I try to respond. "I-I-"

"You did get hurt, but Afton's shitty little bitch excuse of a daughter healed you and saved your sorry ass!" He slaps me in the face, not giving me any time to respond. "Answer me, you useless shit! IS THAT WHAT HAPPENED?!'' 

      I slowly nod, than he punches me in the nose, then my gut.  He starts beating me like there's no tomorrow.

     My father finishes with a hard punch to my gut, probably hard enough to cause internal bleeding, and I collapse, barely conscious.  It feels like I'm burning, the pain is numbing though...

      I curl into a ball and sob after he walks away.  Every breath I take, it feels like my lungs are on fire, like in being choked again.

"Please..." I whisper, barely a breath. "Someone...help me..." and I curl into a tighter ball. As I cry softly, I allow the darkness to take over my mind, and I black out.

*°*°*°*°*°*°*

  Poor Jere, poor Phe. I hate that I wrote this, but this will be important later on in the story.
You guys: Why is the stuff you write so depressing? And how can you write this?
Me: IDK.
Goldie: Because depressing things are almost always the easiest things to write about.
Me: SON OF A McNUGGET!  Since when were you here?!
Goldie: Since whenever.  You can't get rid of me. I've been reading as you type.  And quite the ideas you have.
Me: Why are you- actually, no! Not gonna question this!

*turns to you dear readers*

  Sorry for the bad editing, but I did it! This is closer to 1000 words again, so I did something productive!  I'm a day behind my update schedule, so I should try to post second chapter today or tomorrow.  Anyway, how you enjoyed!  Ciao, Little Spirits!

~Amy

💜❤0w0❤💜

(December 6, 2018)