Chapter 30

[ ⚠Possible Trigger Warning⚠ So, this chapter gets more than a little bloody, so be prepared.  And I hope you guys like this long chapter, because it's the last of this book!  But I'll make the sequel soon, just give me some time!]

Phoenix's POV

      It's been six months since my friends and I fought my father. I had a limp for a few weeks after that, and couldn't use my magicks. We also skipped the first week back to school after break. But since then, we've recovered, for the most part.

     We've re-bonded, and gotten closer than we were back when we were kids. As for what we're currently doing, we're pushing through the last few classes of the year and doing finals and regents. I honestly think taking a knife to the chest is better than what the teachers are making us do.

     A paper ball is flung at my head, bouncing on to my desk. I glance up, over to where Bonnie and Jeremy are sitting. I raise an eyebrow but unroll the paper. I sigh when I see it's a small note asking for help. I concentrate and use my magicks to telepathically speak to them.

"No, I can't help you now. I'll help if you really need it during the final, but not now. Bonnie, you should be able to process things more easily than Jeremy, seeing what you are."

     And with that, I go back to working on my own review sheet. I'm not gonna give in that easily!

     The bell rings, and everyone shouts in happiness. I smile and stand up, putting my pen and papers away. Jeremy, Bonnie and I walk out of class and part ways. I go downstairs to the gym, quickly change, and meet up with Chica. Then an announcement comes over the speakers, requesting us to go to the auditorium. Oh yeah, there's an assembly today.

     The Nightwatchers, Trap, Spring, Chica and I head out as a group and meet up with the rest of our friends. I sit between the Nightwatchers and the Animatronics, kinda belonging with both groups. The principal begins to speak when he stops suddenly, listening to something said to him over his headset. I sense his aura flash, and notice the slight drain of blood from his face.

"Now everyone, please calmly hide back stage. We are now in a lock down."

     Contrary to what he said about going calmly, everyone completely lost it and booked it behind the curtains. My friends and I were probably the only ones that actually walked. But, the Nightwatchers and the Popular kids hide behind everyone, and I could hear Mike softly letting out several strings of curses. But the Animatronics and I, we decide to climb up and hide in the rafters.

     Everything is dead silent as the intruder enters the auditorium. Why does this guy always track me down?! What the ever loving hell does he want this time?! We hear him laugh, and then he speaks.

"Little flame, where are you hiding? Come out and no one will get hurt!" he calls out. Everyone else realizes who it is, but there's suddenly a purple blur, and he's standing on the stage, holding Jeremy captive and holding a knife to my friends throat.

"Wouldn't it just be a shame if...my hand slipped?" William questions rhetorically, pressing the knife harder against unmarred skin. That's it. Before any of the animatronics can stop me, I let go and drop behind my twisted father.

"Let Jeremy go. I know that it's me that you want. He has nothing to do with this!" I growl, my voice distorting slightly and going ice cold. My father grins cruelly, and shoves Jeremy away from him, Mike quickly grabbing his boyfriend and pulling him close.

"Ah, so the cowardly little bitch shows herself? I've got to admit, you're much stronger and persistent than your weak ass brother ever was!"

"Don't you DARE drag him into this!"