Chapter 21: New kids? Part 2

Phoenix's POV

I walk into the cafeteria, looking down. Everyone stares at me, taking in the fact that I have blood staining one sleeve. They're all silently judging me, their stares harsh, the entire room silent. I slowly walk to my table and sit down before putting my arms on the table before laying my head on top of them.

The kids start talking to each other again, and I feel someone gently put their hand on my uninjured arm, which makes me look up. Its the new kids.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ben asks. I sigh and nod my head.

"Yup. I'm fine, don't worry about it. Thanks for asking though..."

Ben looks at his friends and nods, and they all sit down at my table. My eyes widen as they do so.

"You don't mind if we sit here, do ye? There's no other open tables," Flynn asks. I shrug and pull out my notebook and my pen.

"No, it's fine. I don't care at this point, so you guys are fine."

I start writing down some words, and soon enough, I'm writing a poem or some shit like that. Freddy clears his throat and I look up.

"So, I know that we already did this in class, But why don't we all introduce ourselves? Plus, Gavin hasn't had a chance to introduce himself because he hasn't had a class with you yet. Who wants to start?"

Cici smiles. "Me! I'm Farah, but most people call me Cici, my middle name."

"I'm Ben."

"I'm Flynn."

"I'm Freddy."

And the blonde boy sighs. "My name's Gavin. Most people call me "gold" because I look like a "golden version" of Freddy. I'm his older brother, by three minutes," he explains. I feel a small smile tug at my lips and I looks down.

"My name's Phoenix."

They all smile at me, but Gavin's seems slightly forced. Ben looks at me.

"Ya know, that's a different name. I don't think many people have the name Phoenix. I like it though."

I rub the back of my neck. "Thanks. My parents were creative when it came to names." As soon as those words leave my lips, I regret saying them. I feel a sharp pain in my head and I flinch before gritting my teeth. I look at the new kids around the table, and Gavin's eyes are glowing slightly. I sigh and stare at him with an unamused face.

"You do realize that it's rude to try searching through people's heads for their memories and thoughts, correct?"

His eyes widen and the glow disappears, and Freddy elbows him.

"G, we talked about not doing that to people!"

"Sorry."

I sigh. "Its fine. I have the same ability, but I don't use it. Not often, anyway. But if you are going to use it, at least try to train yourself not to give people headaches when you do."

Flynn laughs at what I say, but then how's silent as Freddy asks me a question.

"Phoenix, why is your sleeve stained with mostly dried blood?"

I'm about to respond when Ben does it for me.

"A kid in history class stabbed her arm with a pen."

"And you didn't go and get it treated?"

"I see no use in doing so, seeing as the bandages will only be ripped off later."