Chapter 27:

Phoenix's POV

As soon as we step into the pizzeria, my friends seem to change slightly, and my senses are overloaded.  My vision goes black for a second, and when I blink, I stumble before righting myself.  Freddy looks at me.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah...that just hasn't- nevermind.  Marcus, I want you to come with me," I say.  He looks extremely scared, and the others are staring at me. 

"N-no...you'll hurt me like he did...I don't wanna go..."

I blink before sighing, thankful that we are the only ones in the restaurant .  I kneel down and let my eyes glow their purple-ish blue, and stretch out my hand.  It turns into a misty black version of a paw, and I motion for Marcus to grab it.

"I won't hurt you, I'm not like him.  If anything, I'm more like you.  I know he hurt you, but I just want to have you stay here.  There's others in here like you..."

He slowly grabs the misty paw, which turns back into a hand.  I then back to look at the others, and I notice all but Cici have animal ears...how did I not see that?  And why are their eyes glowing...n-no way...no fucking way.  I've been friends with my dead ones for almost a month?!

I pull my hand away from Marcus' grasp and stand up, staring at the five in front of me.

"Phoenix?" Ben asks, taking a step toward me.  I take a step back, shaking my head.  I know what role Bonnie plays.  I know what he does to the ones they catch.  I start backing up further when Cici tries to touch my arm. 

How did I never notice, even when I tried looking for death hotspots? 

"Phoenix, what's wrong?" Flynn asks.  I look at him, then back to the others, before bolting to the stage.  I don't know what they're doing, but I know they aren't following me.

I skid behind the curtains, the animatronics suits void of any death.  I fall to my knees and grip the sides of my head, squeezing my eyes shut as I feel a sharp, hot rush of pain sweep through my body.  I don't let out any noises though as I feel my ears and tail appearing. 

I hear footsteps approaching me, and the curtains being opened.  I can sense their shock.  Gavin kneels in front of me, and tries to put his hand on my shoulder.  I scramble backward before he can touch me, ignoring the pain I'm feeling.  I-I need to control it...

Goldie's POV

We don't know why she's so freaked out, but we need to calm her down.  Her hair catches my eye as...it turns purple.  Wait, she has fox ears?  And a tail?  How...wait.  Oh shit, no.

"Phoenix, calm down.  We aren't going to hurt you.  We aren't like whatever Mike has said about us..." I say, trying to move closer to her.  She just backs up more, and I notice her eyes are black with white pin-prick pupils, like mine are usually. 

I see her hand reach into her pocket, as does everyone else.  Marcus flies behind Chica as Phoenix pulls out her pocket knife and flicks it open.  We all freeze, and watch her cautiously.  She smiles, looks at us, and lunges at me.

I roll out of her way, and prepare to attack her, but notice she's talking to herself again, her eyes shut.  Then her hand moves extremely quickly, and blood is on the floor.  It takes all of us a second to register what she did.

Her hair turns back to its black color, and her eyes return to their normal color.  She sighs, looking at her leg.  Blood is running down from the place she stabbed herself.  She looks back at us. 

"I-I'm sorry...but...it's you.  All of you.  I've been talking with you for almost a month without realizing it.  I...I panicked.  I didn't know what to do, and I-"