Chapter 28

Phoenix's POV

I teleport into the office, and to my surprise, it's Scott and Vince this time.  They both let out a yelp when they see me, and I give them a small smile before sitting on the desk and playing around with the little screens. 

"Phoenix, why the hell are you here?!  And why the fuck did you have to do that?!" Vincent shouts.  I shrug.

"I was here before you guys came in, and I wanted to surprise you.  I was expecting Mike and Jere, but I suppose that they do need to get some actual sleep at night instead of being hunted down by the homicidal spirits of children that my psychotic father murdered until the butt crack of dawn," I say nonchalantly.  Vincent blinks.

"You just casually mentioned Uncle Will and the murders.  Who are you and the fuck have you done with my little cousin?" he demands, making me let out a small chuckle.  "Okay, and you're also smiling and laughing.  Seriously, if anyone is possessing my cousin, stop it.  It's creepy."

I roll my eyes, and look at Scott.  Surprisingly, he doesn't have his phone mask on this time.  I wave to him, but he's busy on the tablet monitors, seeing as the bell just rung.  His eyes widen behind his glasses and he gulps.

"Guys, break in.  There's some teens sitting backstage, they seem to be our age..." he says, and I stand up.  Vincent rolls his chair over to look at the screen before grabbing a flashlight and bolting down the hall.  Scott drops the tablet and runs after him.  Before they can get there, I teleport back to the stage. 

My friends look up, and I feel one of my ears twitch.  "Scatter!  They saw you on the cameras!"

They do just that, and run in different directions.  I hear Bonnie yelp after he runs through the curtains, and I run through them after him, seeing Vince throw the flashlight at him.  I teleport in front of Bon and grab the light, it being inches from my face.  I look back at Bon, tilting my head.  He nods, answering the nonverbal question I asked him. 

Looking back at Vince, I roll my eyes.  "Don't attack my friend, you idiot!  They're allowed to be here!"

"Why are they- wait, which spirit is that?"

I turn around and see Marcus floating above the stage.  I sigh, my eyes changing slightly.

"Marcus Thow.  He was murdered earlier by William," I say, not calling him my father.  Vincent's eyes widen. 

"He's still killing people?  Even after going to jail?"

     I nod sadly.  "Correct.  Marcus, could you come over here?" The child looks scared, and I sense his anxiety levels rise.

"W-why?"

"Vince just wants to meet you.  You don't need to be afraid, kiddo.  Just float over here."

Marcus slowly floats over before hiding behind me.  I give him an encouraging smile, patting him on the head.  That surprises the others because of the fact that spirits aren't supposed to be physical, and are basically shadows.

Marcus doesn't move until I slowly push him over to where Vince is crouching.  Vincent watches the kid, his eyes seeing something I don't.  His pupils dilate in his silver irises, making the contrast to his hair even greater.

Marcus flinches back in fear, probably because the eyes remind him of my father's.  I sigh.  This may be harder than I thought...

Vincent seems to realize the problem though, and closes his eyes just enough to hide the majority of them.  Markus seems more at ease and slowly floats closer to my cousin. 

Just before Markus can reach Vince though, static cuts through my hearing, and I whip around, searching for the one responsible.  Only three animatronics can have this effect on me.  And judging from the looks on the others faces, they can hear it too.  Then I spot it.

The two glowing eyes behind the stage curtains.

I react faster than I probably should have, and within several milliseconds I'm on stage.

"Sadie...what is it?  Why are you here?" I question the animatronic, her purple body glowing.  I can sense the fear and hostility from the other animatronics grow as Sadie steps into the open.  Scott and Vince have no clue what's going on.

"I'm here to warn you.  I'm fighting his control, but he's getting ready for something.  The newest of our ranks is not the only one.  I-" Her voice trails off into static that as far as I know only I can decipher.

My eyes widen and I blink.  My father is still going.  Christmas is tomorrow.  I...I'm skipping the family gathering that I'm forced to go to every year.  I'm not going this time.  Maybe I could convince Vincent, Mike, and Mary not to go.  I hope I can, because according to Sadie, it is not going to be good if children are there. 

I feel someone put their hand on my arm, and I jerk away, surprised at the sudden touch.  Turning, I see Golden. 

'Phoenix, why the hell is there a shadow here, and why the hell are you talking to it?' he growls telepathically.

'Because she's warning us of my father's plans.  Tomorrow I'm not going to the family Christmas party that happens each year.  I'm staying in the pizzeria,' I respond.  Sadie twitches behind me, and I look to her.

'I-I must go, he's calling-' she faded from the air, and her presence left.  I notice that Vincent and Scott are extremely confused.

"What...in the actual fuck was all that about?" Vincent asks.  I sigh.

"That was Sadie.  A shadow animatronic.  Shadow...Toy Chica, to be exact-"

"Toy?  There's toy versions of us?" Freddy asks.  I ignore him partly. 

"Yes.  But in any case, she was warning me about something my father's plans for tomorrow at the family Christmas party.  I'm not going, and I advise that you, Mike and Mary shouldn't go either, Vince.  Something tells me that whatever is going to happen is no where near safe." I pause and take a breath.  "And Marcus wasn't the only victim of yesterday.  There were more that have yet to be located..."

Everyone was now staring at me and I don't exactly like it, but I know that this is what's gonna happen every time I speak or something happens.  Freddy steps toward me.

"Phoenix...how many more were killed?" he questions.  I close my eyes and focus, looking for recent child's death auras. 

"Four others, not including Marcus," I whisper, feeling a slight pain in my chest. 

"So another five...why does he always do it in groups?" Scott questions.  My eyes snap open and I stare at him.

"Not always in groups.  Sure, he killed my friends when they were all in the same room, but there's been others that were alone, or halfway across town.  Like the bodies scattered around at the moment.  Or like when he killed two of my other friends; he let them hear each other through a door, but not able to actually see each other."

Everyone goes silent, and I close my eyes again.  If only none of this was happening...if only we were normal again.