Chapter 18: Spoopy Nightshift

Jeremy's POV

   I haven't seen Phoenix since the pizzeria closed.  Right now, Mike and I are in the office.  I switch to camera 5, the backstage storage room.  It seems normal at first glance, but just before I go to switch to another camera, I see something glint in the low light of the room.

   I quickly switch back, and my breath catches in my throat.  Phoenix is standing in the middle of the room, stating up at the camera with an emotionless expression.  I swear, it's like I'm looking at a corpse of a teenager instead of my best friend.

   She blinks, and smiles gently at the camera, but something in her eyes seems to be off...they look almost like plastic or glass, artificial even.  But they still hold some type of emotion.  Then she lifts her hand and waves, but my eyes only widen.  In her hand is her blood covered pocket knife.  I notice something about her that makes me pale.

   All over her body is stab wounds and cuts.  Her shirt is shredded and soaked in blood.  Sh-she's killing herself!! 

   At this moment, Bonnie decides to walk into the storage room.  He sees Phoenix and his eyes turn a violent red, not the colour he usually has.  Phoenix can apparently tell that he's in there with her, and turns while folding her knife and putting it away.  Bonnie and Phoenix stare at each other for several heartbeats before the purple rabbit lunges and emits a loud screech that echoes through the pizzeria.

"What the shit was that?" Mike asks me.  Before he can look at the tablet, I flung it at the wall and start to bolt toward the door.  Mike catches my wrist and tries to hold me back, but I yank my arm to my chest and run out the opened door, ignoring Mike's calls for me to come back.  I can't turn back until I help Phoenix.   I can't loose anyone else.

"PHOENIX!" I shout at the top of my lungs as I run.

Phoenix's POV

Bonnie drags me to the stage, where the other animatronics have apparently been waiting.  As soon as they see my blood covered figure, their eyes go black and blood red as they growl. 

"PHOENIX!"

  The shout of my name echoes through the hallway, and into the main room.  My blood goes cold when I realize who's voice it was that yelled for me.  No...Jeremy, no!  He can't see this, he shouldn't have to!

   I quickly put up a forcefield at the end of each of the hallways.  I can't let him in here.  I can't let them in there

   As I yell at myself, a golden version of Freddy appears, and my senses are nearly overloaded when I sense the anger coming off of him, nearly rolling off him in waves.

   Standing up from the spot that Bonnie dropped me in, with slight difficulty because I'm currently bleeding out, thank you, I pull out my pocket knife.  As soon as they see it, the hostility level in the room increases, and when I open my knife, even more so.  They all get into predatory positions, ready to lunge at me at any second.  But they sure as hell weren't expecting what's about to happen.

   I bring my knife to my throat, pressing it lightly against my flesh.  The cold metal sends shivers down my spine, memories that I wished to forget running through my head, filling my body with the natural adrenaline that comes in the face of death.  But this time, I have no instinct, not intention of trying to evade it.

  Bonnie and Chica's eyes widen, and their tenseness loosens, knowing exactly what I plan on doing.  I can sense the panic coming from their aura, and their plastic eyes shimmer with worry.  Then again, they always were the most passive animatronics.