Chapter one: Pearl

Hi, my names Pearl Mason. I live with my mom and dad in Santa Barbra California. I have a dream to meet my inspiration Katy Perry. I know your probably sitting there thinking why Katy? Trust me no one ever truly understands my love for Katy, even my own parents. For some reason they hate Katy. My mom says Katy Is a "bad influence on young people." I can't count the amount of times we've argued about why Katy's such an amazing person.It's honestly ridiculous.

"Pearl honey start packing your stuff for tomorrow!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

"Okay mom! I yelled back running up the stairs into my room. Oh yes I forgot to say tomorrow me and my family are going to spend a whole week in L.A, I'm so fricking excited! I've always wanted to visit L.A since I could remember and now finally one of my dreams are coming true.

After what felt like ages, I finally finished packing. It wasn't so bad since I was listening to teenage dream the whole time I was packing. Just as I finished, my favourite song pearl came on. "She is a pyramid.." I softly began to sing. I can't explain my love for this song it's just so beautiful and in powering.it gives me the push I need to carry on. I know this is going to sound weird but I feel like Katy is talking to me through this song. I know it can't be true because she doesn't even know I exist but I can't help feeling that it's true.

"She was unstoppable.." Katy sang out the last words of the song when suddenly my phone started ringing.

I slid my finger across the screen to answer the call.

" Hello? I said.

"PEARL!!! My best friend Georgia screamed into the phone that so I had to pull the phone away from my ears to stop them from literally falling off.

"Hiya, I said chuckling to myself.

"So are you free at the moment? She asks sounding much more calm now thank god.

"Yeah I just finished packing for L.A so how about I meet you at the beach in 20 minuets?" I said.

Yep okay sounds good meet you there, bye!" Georgia said then hung up.

I put my phone down and went to find something to put on beach appropriate. I finally settled on my blue denim high waisted shorts with a blue and white tank top and my blue converse. I put my long curly blonde hair into a ponytail and applied some light makeup on. "Done" I said as I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs.

"Mom I'm heading to the beach to meet Georgia il see you later." I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Okay sweetie make sure to be back for 6."

"I will" I said rolling my eyes as I headed out the door and went to meet Georgia.