Chapter twenty nine: Worst Nightmaire

(Angela's POV)

I decided to go down stairs and clean up Katy's living room since she hasn't been in the right state of mind to clean up all this mess. I'm so going to kill Russell!! I angrily thought as I tripped over all of Katy's mail.

"For goodness sake!!" I muttered angrily as I picked them all up.

One letter caught my eye with a massive urgent & confidential stamp on it. I know I shouldn't open it but it seems really important and I don't think Katy will be back to herself for a while.

I opened the letter and began to read and gasped. The letter fell out of my hands as I ran up the stairs and scrambled into Katy's room and tripping over my own two feet.

(Katy's POV)

I heard quick and heavy footsteps going up my stairs. Pearl and I looked at each other, both wearing puzzled expressions on our faces. Then Angela barged in the door tripping over her feet which made Pearl and I giggle.

However Angela did not look two impressed on the contrary she looked extremely worried and bothered.

"Katy read this now!!" Angela said as she shoved a letter into my hands and Pearl and I began to read it.

Dear Mrs Brand ( I scoffed at the name..)

I am writing to inform you that you have been keeping a child by the name off Pearl Elizabeth Mason in your household.

However you do not have the legal rights to take care of her so if you do not reply to this letter by the 10th November, we will have no choice but to come and take Pearl by force unless you bring her back to 'child's well being authorities inc.'

Your sincerely

Michael Reeds

Children's well being manager

"They can't take me away from you Katy..." Pearl cried as she began to shake uncontrollably.

"Angela what's the date today??" I asked my voice breaking as I read the letter over and over again.

"Katy it's the 15th your five days late replying..." Angela said looking at me petrified.

"Shh!!" Angela said as she put her hand over Pearls mouth to stop her from crying.

"Open the door this minute!!!" A loud voice yelled as they banged onto the door as loud as they could.

"There here..." Angela said as she looked at Pearl and I.

I looked into Pearls eyes and hugged her tightly bringing her closer to me, hoping that this was one terrible nightmare.