Chapter fourteen: Daggers in my heart

(Pearl's POV)

"No.." I said as I rushed into the middle of the road to see Katy lying there as still as a statue. I dropped next to her, causing my knees to cut and bleed but I didn't care. I looked at Katy. She was sprawled out at an odd position on the floor her eyes closed. She was covered in so much blood.

SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE PLEASE, ANYBODY!!??" I scream out as I put my head on Katy's chest to check she was still breathing.

"Katy please don't leave me I'm so sorry I love you so much, more than you will ever know." I choke as tears

Stream down my face. I put my arm around her just wanting to take back every stupid thing I did a couple of minutes ago. I knew I was going to live with this regret all my life.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms pull me away from Katy's body.

"No I need to be with Katy let me go!!!" I scream as I kick around trying to break free of the pair of arms pulling me away from Katy.

"Miss you have to come with us for questioning.." The voice of a young female spoke with such an official tone that there was no emotion behind it.

"No I have to stay with Katy!!" I see as even more tears fill my eyes as the world becomes more blurry.

"Officer I think we can let the young lady go with her to the hospital, questions can be asked later."I heard an older man speak this time. I looked at him. He was about 50 with grey and white hair with a thick white moustache. I gave the man a small smile as the officer let go of me. I ran over to Katy who now is having a group of people putting on masks and wires all around her, quickly trying to put her on a stretcher.Seeing Katy like this is killing me. This is all my fault. I thought to myself. If I hadn't been so immature and stupid then Katy would still be standing here telling me how much she loves me.

The paramedics had just wheeled Katy into the ambulance. I quickly rushed in there and sat down beside Katy. I intwined my fingers into hers and kissed her hands.

"Katy stay strong, I love you to infinity and beyond use our love to get better please Katy your all I have..." I cry out. But she didn't reply. She just lied there so still. The only indication that she was alive was that her chest was moving up and down slowly.

After another couple of minutes In the ambulance we arrived at the hospital.

"I'm sorry M'am but your going to have to wait in the waiting room." One of the four paramedics said to me.

"I can't leave Katy she needs me don't you see!!" I yell, so sick of people trying to separate Katy and I.

"M'am she is going into immediate surgery so if you want her to die then don't move away from her." The paramedic said sternly. That shut me up, so I stepped aside as the sped down the hospital corridor taking Katy to have surgery.

'Why God why?" I mutter to myself as I sit In the hospital seats, praying that Katy will be fine.

(Mary's POV ( Katy's mom)

"Keith darling the phones ringing could you answer it?" I ask Keith as I look up from my book.

"Okay" I heard Keith yell as I heard him answer the phone. I continue to go back to reading my book.

" Yes we will be there immediately!" Keith suddenly said his voice shaking, which caught my attention very quickly.

"What's wrong?" I ask Keith giving him a concerned look.

" It was the hospital, there has been an accident. Mary, Katy got hit by a car and now she is in surgery.." Keith's voice broke at the very end of the sentence. My heart stopped. It suddenly feels like a million daggers are being thrown at me. My little feather, my little songbird her life at risk.

"Keith we must go to the hospital now!" I say quickly getting off the couch, I grab my keys and run out the door, fear flooding me as we drive to the hospital.

Authors note:

Hey guys hope you like it!

I will try to update sometime this week again!

Tell me in the comments what your thoughts are on the story so far, and what you think will happen...😏

Ly all 💕