Chapter 14

Yule Ball was tonight and everybody was so excited about it. Great Hall's decorated and it was looking like a winter wonderland. Teddy has invited An to the ball and they had to dance in front of everybody. An was extremly excited and needed help from her grandma, Scar. "Sev, i will be with An until the ball. See you at the hall okay?" He nodded "See you later" Scar went to her chamber, An was already waiting in front of the door. Scar opened the door "Let's get you ready for the ball baby!" They spent hours but end of it they both looked gorgeous. "Here, take my emerald necklace. It'll complete the look" She smiled at her granddaughter. "Thank you grandma! Love you!" "Love you too. Go meet Teddy, it's almost the time!" "Yes i need to go! Bye!!" She ran out of the room. Scar called after her "Be a good girl! I don't want to find you in the corners with him!" Then she looked herself in the mirror. She felt like she's looking at her younger self before the graduation ball. She decided to put the necklace that Sev's given her that night. And finally she wore her cloak and put her wand in the pocket. She walked in to Great Hall and looked around. The students were dancing and chatting happily, professors and the other schools's heads were talking,drinking. She saw Sev in the crowd and walked over him but Sirius cut her way. "Hello professor! You look like a "scarlett rose"" He grinned. "Eww Sirius this was a terrible joke" She chuckled. "But you chuckled" he grinned and grabbed drinks for themselves. "Thank you" "Cheers!" He clinked his glass to hers. Severus was watching them with a frown on his face. Scar noticed him and mouthed "coming". "See you later okay? I need to see Severus." Sirius sighed "Okay fine. Don't forget your promise, we're gonna dance" "It's on my mind" she said while walking over to Sev. "Hi professor Snape, you look great" she smiled cheekily. "Hello professor Rose." He said coldly. "What's wrong?" "Nothing." "You are acting like this almost a week and i don't understand" "It's not a place or time to argue." "I tried to talk with you before but you kept refusing me." She sighed and drank her wine. They stayed in silence and watched the other people having fun. After a while Sirius came smiling. "May I have the pleasure of dancing with you?" She smiled and held his hand. The two walked over the stage and started to waltz. Severus watched them dancing and he couldn't help himself to get jealous. He just wanted curse him right there. He held his wand tightly and went to the garden furiously. End of the dance she looked for him but couldn't see "Minerva did you see Severus?" "Yes dear, he walked out angrily. But i don't know where to." "Okay thank you" She left the hall and checked headmaster room and his potions class then his chamber. There's no sign. Finally she went to the garden and found him standing there. She took her cloak off and put it on him. "It's freezing cold Severus, what are you doing here?" He took her cloak and threw it on the floor "DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE! GO TO HIM" She stood in shock "What are you talking about?" "All the students talk about you and Black and how he is in love with you, how you look cute together!!" He shouted. "So what!? They always gossip about somebody Severus, you know that" "But you two don't act like they are lying!" He noticed that he's gone too far with that but it's slipped out of his tongue. She looked at him with teary eyes. "Are you trying to say that i am cheating on you!? You don't trust me a bit, do you?" She shook her head. "Scar..." he tried to hold her hand but she took a step back. "Severus i gave my whole life to you! I tried to show how much i love you every day over 50 years but you came up with that! If i wanted to be with him, i could but he's just my friend nothing more. I love you, not him! How many times i have to say that!?" The tears run down on her cheeks. "Scar i just... got jealous. You were spending so much time with him" "I didn't want to bother you because you're always busy. And then you started to act cold to me. I gave you some space because i don't care about you right!?" "I didn't mean it Scarlett..." "You broke my heart into pieces Severus..." she said in a broken voice. "Scar... i am sorry love" he tried to hold her again but she's apparated before he could reach her.