Part 28

Yuya's POV

I sat in the royal room provided to us by dad. He had explained that these past ten years he has been working to fight against the netuerl king, who we've learnt is Zarc, a thousand year old spirit, who aimed to grab the former king treasure to rewrite the world.

The treasures have turned out to be the dragons Yuto, Yuri and Yugo were given as children.

We also learnt the neutral king, who was believed to be the previous Kings brother, had fabricated the while story so Declan, the original king's son, couldn't take the throne.

This means that not only are Yuri, Yugo and Yuto not actually related but they are in trouble too. I'm scared, the woman from my vision, she mentioned i have to save Yuto but i didn't think I'd have to help save an entire country.

I jumped as a knock came from the door. I told the person to come in, surprised to see Suzuha. "How are you?" She asked walking towards the bed. I nodded and she took a seat beside me. "I know this is a shock, sorry I kept this from you."

"Where's Yuto?" I asked.

"The east wing," she replied. "Along with Yuri and Yugo, being guarded closely. I currently have some of my men out looking for Rebellion Dragon."

At least everyone is being proactive. Though I want Yuto with me rather then him being alone. "Tell me. About Yuto's real family."

Suzuha smiled gently pulling me into a hug so my head rested on her shoulder. "He had a kind mother," She began. "We're current keeping her in a safe space until the curse on her and Yuto.is broken. She taught at a local Duel School in the XYZ kingdom. No one knew Yuto's father though, he died before Yuto was born. Her smile and Yuto's smile, they are the exact same, you can tell his kind and loving nature came from her."

I smiled widely, knowing Yuto's real family was a good family. "I'm glad that once this is all over he'll have a good family," I sighed happily.

"Once this is over, everyone will be happy," Suzuha promised me. Somehow knowing that, makes me feel more comfortable. "Your father is a good man and he will make sure of it."

"So, all this time, my dad was here, doing his royal duties," I explained it to myself. Honestly, I'm glad knowing he wasn't dead but just upset he nor mom told us the truth. Though, maybe they were just protecting us. "I want to be a normal family again and watch my dad's duels, like before. Though, Suzuha, why didn't you say anything?"

She let out a sigh. "I couldn't Yuya," She bit her lip. "And keeping it from your sister was the hardest thing. She's become my best friend, someone who I could depend on and well you, I love you like you're my own brother. Keeping stuff from you two was the hardest thing in my life." 

Suzuha and I jumped, feeling a vibration coming from her jean pocket. She pulled away from me, grabbing out her PDA. She turn the vibration off and seemed to quickly read a message, "I have to go," She said sternly. "There seems to be some toruble near Yuto and Yuri's rooms. I'll be back shortly. "Make sure you get ready for breakfast soon." 

I nodded, Suzuha leaving me with my own thoguhts. I wonder, afterall this is over, if Yuto will just be a normal high student. He would be a senior,  I think. Maybe we could go to the same school, we could even walk to school. I blushed at the thought of walking down the street, hand in hand. In winter, he would give me one glove and then our bare hands would keep the other's warm. I like the sound of this type of life. No bad guys, no magical cards just a normal life. 

I was brought out of my thoughts as a glow caught my eye. I turned, Odd Eyes was glowing again. I gasped, Yuto might be in danger. I know I'm not allowed to go near his room but right now I don't care. I bit my lip as I ran out of my room. I can feel my heart pounding against my chest as my breath shortened. 

Approaching the hall way I could hear screaming. I stopped, seeing Suzuha pinning a brunette woman down. I looked up, hearing a door open and my eyes opened in surprise. "H-hi Yuto."