A Little Detective Work

As soon as I figured out this was chapter 13 it kind of freaked me out. I know that some people think of the number 13 as good luck, but for me that is not the case. As always have fun reading and I am just going to tell you that I never proofread and this is the last time I am going to say that. New favorite song at the right. It's called Posse by Kimbra.

Olivia’s point of view

I woke up and glared at the alarm clock that was going off on the nightstand. Right now I wished I could have laser vision and blast it out of the window, but instead I reached out and silenced the alarm by ripping it out of the socket.

It was about seven in the morning on a Saturday. Although we are on a road trip my body is not used to waking up before ten on a Saturday morning, especially during the Summer time. Sighing I pushed the covers off of me and headed for the bathroom where I took a quick shower. The crazy kids from last night had scratched my arms all up, but thankfully they were barely noticeable. I decided to wear jeans to cover up the bite mark on my leg and a blue and pink tank top.

As I came out of the bathroom I found my friends finishing up getting ready so I let my hair air dry and put on some makeup before we packed our suitcases and headed to the car. The guys were already talking about what they were going to do which mostly involved going to see a movie and just looking around town.

“Does Travis look upset to you,” I leaned over to Tori and whispered.

“No,” Tori answered, “he looks pissed.”

I gave her a look and she shrugged while I grabbed Sadie’s keys. It was my turn to drive now. Sadie had said that if I was going to make her go to some crazy person’s house that I had to drive. I started the car and plugged the coordinates into the GPS and we were off.

The car was silent for awhile and I noticed Tori sleeping in the back with headphones in her ears and Sadie doing something with her iPhone.

“Hey, Elle,” I started, “Can I ask you a question?”

“You just did.”

I gave her a look and turned back to the road.

“Do you think Travis is mad at me?”

I felt Elle give me a look, “Why would you say that?”

“Well,” I started, “ever since we got back from the club he has been acting a little strange, and since last night he looks pissed.”

Elle didn’t say anything at first so I gave her a look, “What is it.”

Elle hesitated and looked back at Sadie who was listening in on our conversation.

“Well, tell her,” Sadie said gesturing to me.

“Tell me what?”

Elle sighed, “Did Travis tell you how he got that black eye?”

I thought for a second and then answered, “Yeah, he said that someone elbowed him in the club with all the chaos, why?”

“Well,” Elle said, “that’s not what happened.”

Elle explained to me what really happened and I almost swerved off the road when she told me I was the one that punched him in the face.

“So I told him he didn’t have any balls, that I hated him, never should have kissed him, and then to top it all off I gave him a black eye, great.”

Elle gave me a sympathetic look, “He must really like you if he is trying to ignore what you did.”

I shook my head, “I know, but I don’t want him to ignore it, I want him to tell me the truth.”