🍰 | is this love? (honggu)

hongseok x yeo one
- one-shot / short story
- drunk!hongseok lol
- changgu has to take care of him
hongseok gets drunk and changgu has to take him home, despite the fluttery feelings he suppresses.

Changgu had asked Hongseok to not, under any circumstances, get drunk when he took the other members out. Since Jinho and Hui were currently at a showcase in Japan, Hongseok and Changgu were now the temporary leaders of their respective dorms. And as temporary leaders, Changgu felt the two should probably be on their best behavior.

That evening, Wooseok and Shinwon invited all the members to go out to some sort of party at a bar near their dorm room. Hongseok reluctantly agreed to go, offering to keep watch and drive them back afterwards. Changgu would've gone too, except he had a solo magazine shoot that evening. He wasn't worried though, because Hongseok has always been pretty reliable.

Changgu was riding in the company car back to his dorm when he got a call from Hongseok. A drunk call. One where he was slurring and complaining and begging for Changgu to come pick him up. Of course, Changgu had freaked out and practically jumped out of the car. He had asked the driver to drop him off to the bar, frantic with worry.

Truth was he was terrified. The younger members were all together and possibly drunk as well, but strangely he didn't feel the same sickly dread pool into his stomach when thinking of the maknaes opposed to Hongseok. Why? He thought to himself. Hongseok was the hyung, the eldest there, and probably the most responsible. Why was he the most worried about Hongseok out of all people?

These were the blatant feelings he had been trying to ignore. He'd be lying if he said he didn't have any romantic attraction towards Hongseok, which was so humiliating and unfortunate that he never spoke about this feelings out loud. Humiliating because Hongseok could never return said feelings and unfortunate because Changgu was stuck in a miserable unrequited love situation.

No, no don't think about that.. his brain scolded him, it's just a little crush that's all.

When he finally made it there Hongseok was at the entrance, looking discombobulated (as he should be considering he was drunk.) "Hongseok!" Changgu yelled as he left the car. The elder boy spun around and nearly tripped over his feet. He limped over to Changgu, who was running towards him, and fell into the younger's arms. Quickly he took Hongseok's shoulders and steadied him, staring his hyung in the eyes.

"Hyung," Changgu said firmly, obviously a little irate. Hongseok just gazed sheepishly back. "The others?" Changgu asked.

"They-they're fine," Hongseok said and nodded. He groaned, rubbing his forehead in a probable headache. "I'm sor-Changgu," Hongseok hiccuped.

Changgu felt his worry dissolve a bit as he noticed the guilt ridden on his drunk friend's face. He wasn't too upset anymore; it was hard to stay angry at someone as cute as Hongseok anyway. "Honggie," Changgu finally sighed, pulling the boy forward so his arm wrapped around Hongseok's back.

"I'm sorry~" Hongseok whined again, clinging loosely to Changgu's body.

"Whatever," Changgu muttered, "It's ok."

Hongseok mumbled something incoherent as Changgu tried to straighten him out again before they started walking back to the dorms. The walk was only about ten minutes. The bar is pretty close by.

"I just-it's fun, Shinwon-Wooseok-he's wild sometimes-yeah? I-I just wanted to have fun!" Hongseok slurred, "they said-they said- 'hyung! hyung the drink is good~ yeah! And I drunk it and I kept doing it but then for a second I thought like 'oh shit Changgu' but then Shinwon said don't worry about it and my brain was all... crazy anyway, right? So I didn't really know what was happening!"