Chapter 8

Ayyyyyeeeee I'm on vacation <3
Skipping school and all that jazz. :3 ^-^
----------

~Alexis's POV~

Three days have passed since I talked to Ashton about Michael, and every day since then, we have met up after school. I found out that he lived close by to me and that he played a variety of instruments, one being the drums. It was 6:45 in the morning and I was already up and started getting ready. Since it was a Saturday, I invited Ashton over.

"Honey, you awake?" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, I'm even getting ready, mom," I replied.

"When is this Ashton person supposed to be coming over? He isn't your boyfriend is he?"

"No! Of course not! We are just really good friends," I explained as I walked up from the basement. I adjusted my headband and straightened out my clothes.

"You usually don't put your hair into a fishtail," my mom mentioned, "And I have never seen you wear a dress in ages. You're sure you two aren't dating?"

""I'm positive, mom. In fact, Ashton should be arriving anytime now." As if it were on cue, we heard the doorbell ring.

"You go eat. I'll go answer it. I wanted to meet him anyway," She smiled and put down the dish she was washing.

I poured myself some cereal, grabbed a spoon, and took a seat. The door was opened and my mom looked surprised. Small talk was made between Ashton and my mother, which meant that she was okay with him. Once I finished eating, I went over to Ashton and my mom.

"Alexis! You never told me Michael was coming over," She told me as I stood in shock. Ashton should be picking me up soon, and Michael showed up?

I made my way to the other side of the door where I could see Michael. "Hey there..." I muttered.

"Hi," Michael grinned. At the sight of me, he got up from leaning on the wall. "Um. Well, Ash told me to get you since I was closer."

"Have fun you guys!" My mom cheerfully said.

Snapping out of my thought, I stepped outside. "Okay..."

She shut the door and Michael just walked to his car. "Do you have any idea where we are going?" I snapped having to chase after him.

"Calm the fuck down, Alexis. I didn't want to do this. Ashton said to meet him at his house," he replied in an equally bitter tone.

Oh.

"If you didn't want to come get me, why the fuck would you?"

"'Cause Ashton said to."

"You'd just listen to him?"

"Do you want to go see Ashton?" Michael stopped the car. There was tension everywhere and you could easily sense the anger between us just by walking past us. Running a hand through his hair, Michael took a deep breath. "I'm your next-door neighbor and we have a mutual friend. Being nice, I decided I would help you both and bring you over, but if you don't want the help, I would gladly let you walk the rest of the way."

"Just- Just bring me to Ashton's..." I muttered.

----------

It was 7:00 when we got to Ashton's house. Instantly, I got out of Michael's car and knocked on Ash's door. The door opened and I made my way in. Ashton was sitting on the couch looking through his phone.

"Isn't someone dressed all girly today," he teased.

"Shut up. Now tell me something Ashton, Why make Michael get me?" I asked while taking a seat.