Chapter5: The irony of fate

POV Albus

The next morning, we are woken up by my uncle Ron:

- But what are you doing here, you two? Where do you come from ?

- Uncle Ron, I beg you ... do not say anything to my mother. Let us go, please.

- But where? Where are you going ?

Head down, we explain that we are separated at Hogwarts, and that we wanted to leave both.

- God, but you're 14 years old! You are crazy!

- Uncle Ron, please ...

Scorpius trembles and starts to cry.

My uncle looks at us, worried, and tells us:

- Well, first you'll have a good shower, both, and Hermione will prepare your breakfast. Go, go ...

My aunt gives a cry of surprise when she sees us, then sends me to the bathroom and begins to prepare a hearty breakfast.

Meanwhile I think my uncle calls my mother, and I tell myself that I'm going to take the beating of my life. How to escape this time? I do not see any way out.

I find Scorpius at the breakfast table, and I can see he's going badly, and he's dying of fear. We look at each other with anguish ...

After he has showered and dressed, he joins me and we snuggle into a corner of the couch, ashamed. Aunt Hermione launches into a long speech to explain that we can not take such risks, and disappear like this.

In front of my sulky air, she said to me:

- Albus, do you understand that you're not allowed to do that?

- And my mother, she has the right to separate me from my best friend?

She hesitates slightly, and answers me:

- It's to protect you, Albus.

- Protect me from what?

My uncle and aunt exchange an embarrassed look, and Scorpius becomes scarlet.

Then my uncle says:

- Hum! Well ... I'll take you back to Hogwarts, boys. Your fathers are waiting for you. Take back your business, get ready, let's go ...

We transplane to Hogwarts, and we do not let go, both of us. I dread my father's reaction. How to explain to him? And if he asks questions about what we both did?

When we return to the Director's office, I see my father, livid, and, without thinking, I rush into his arms, and he tightens against me, so much that we have tears in our eyes

My heart is beating wildly. It's good to find my father, to be safe again in his arms, like when I was little ...

Like when he'd hugged me the day I first left for Hogwarts. When I had this impression that he would understand me and would always support me.

Since then, he has changed so much, I did not understand why. At first he was pissed all the time, he hated the Malfoys, he did not want me to see them.

And then he got his accident and now he's kind and calm again, and I'm sure it's thanks to Mr. Malfoy. Since Scorpius' father takes care of him, he feels better, I feel it. I see him with his expression, his smile, his sweetness returned.

I am happy to find my father as before, when he was kind. He tells me :

- I was so scared, do not do it again, understood?

I nod and he squeezes me long against him. I take a look at Scorpius.

He is paralyzed, then his father slowly opens his arms, and Scorpius huddles against him. It makes my father's emotion redouble, I do not know why.