Chapter 13: Daydream

POV Albus

I hear the train hiss before entering the station, and my heart beats. I lean out the window to try to see the people on the platform, and Lily pushes me and says:

- You see them? You see them?

- Ouch ... Stop pushing me, Lily ... No, I do not see anyone right now.

I sit down, my arm aching, and she bends down and says:

- I see him! I'm sure it's him ...

- Who? Dad?

- No, Scorpius.

- So what? Do you think he's waiting for you?

She pulls my tongue and shakes her arm vigorously. She annoys me to talk all the time about Scorpius. She still believes that he is interested in her? I'll have to talk to him someday. That I tell her that she can go back to hopscotch with her friends and forget about it. But she's going to make fun of me, so I'm quiet.

Finally the train stops and we go down on the quay covered with snow. Lily takes me speed and rushes on Scorpius, to kiss him on the cheek, then kiss our father who is waiting for us smiling. I shake Scorpius's hand, unable to kiss him in front of everyone, and he shrugs his shoulders pointing to my sister, as if to say, "What can I do?"

We look at each other and we smile, accomplices. We know that as soon as we can we will be alone somewhere and we can say better hello. To think that the weather has been long, cruel. Tell yourself we love each other

My father takes Lily's luggage and talks to her, Scorpius and I stay behind, walking side by side, and whispering. She turns several times to observe us and asks Scorpius what he got for Christmas. When he quotes the photo, saying that it is the gift that gave him the greatest pleasure, without saying that it comes from me, she chuckles:

- Let me guess, it was Albus' gift, no? if it's not cute ...

My father turns around and says:

- Lily, no mockery, please!

- Me? But not at all, I find it really cute, I swear! And you Scorpius, what did you offer him?

He blushes, lowers his head and breathes:

- I have not given it to him yet.

- Oh that's right? And what is it? I can see, say?

- Lily, take care of your things! I throw at him, glaring at her.

She looks innocent and returns to my father's side. Scorpius and I laugh softly, and she turns around and says:

- What makes you laugh, Siamese?

- We're not even twins!

- You were born the same day, right? And since you are always stuck together, I do not know where ...

- Lily! my father intervenes.

- Well what, they make fun of me. They make fun of everyone else, I'm sure. Laugh, enjoy, it may not last, she adds, winking at Scorpius.

We look at each other, surprised and I feel like a leaden wreath on my shoulders. What is she talking about? Does she know anything I do not know about my mother, for example? Thinking back to all that my mother told me before leaving, I have a vague heartache. Would she have found another way to separate us, and Lily knows?

No, I'm at Hogwarts with him, and nothing and no one can separate us. Not even my mother's stratagems ...

I walk in the footsteps of my father, in the snow, and I try to fight against the dull anguish that grips me. All is well, I'm with Scorpius ... I turn my head towards him and he returns a smile so tender that I want to kiss him, there, in front of everyone, to permanently silence the rumors, which n would be more.