Chapter18: Apologize

POV DRACO

December 17 8:00 pm

Shit.

Someone is looting my reservations, this time I'm sure. This person I know who it is. It's Scorpius. Only he has the key to this lab, and it's been weird for a few weeks.

What's gone? What did he touch?

I quickly go through the vials and have cold sweats. For some, I do not know exactly, but for others ... there is no doubt. The level has dropped. What can he do with these poisons?

A hallucinogenic potion? An aphrodisiac? A mixture of both? What does he do with it? It's for him, or he sells them?

I feel like I've been hit on the head.

How long has it lasted? Who has he intoxicated with that?

His heart pounding, I'll check the vials containing the most dangerous poisons, and there is the cold shower: cyanide vial has changed places, I swear.

My head turns. I think I'm falling. My legs do not wear me anymore.

I must dream, it is not possible otherwise. I cling to the edge of a shelf and imagine my son, dead, lying lifeless in the middle of a corridor. I breathe with difficulty, but I have to act. Right now.

What to do ? Where to go ? Where is he at this hour, usually?

In the refectory? No, it's a little late. In the common room? Where to start ?

I decide to go see Harry, rescues is his radius, he is efficient and he has good ideas. I run to his desk, under the surprised eyes of the students I meet, who greet me briefly in passing.

I burst in without hitting. He looks up, surprised, interrupting his corrections:

- What's going on, Draco?

- Scorpius stole poisons, including cyanide. We must find it, and quickly!

- Cyanide? You're kidding ? Do you know where he is?

- No, no idea ... what about you?

- Frankly, me either ... how are we going to do?

- Let's start with the common rooms ... you'll check that of the Gryffindors, and I that of the Slytherins. He's definitely with Albus ...

I see Harry turn pale and run off. On the way, we meet James, who challenges us:

- Hey ! You run after what?

- We're looking for Scorpius ... did you see him?

- ...No.... Why, is it serious? he shouts as we walk away.

- It can be. If you know anything, tell us ... "Harry said, turning around.

James seems to hesitate, looks around and whispers:

- Lily has passed i minutes and in my opinion they are together. If you find it, it will not be far.

- Lily? With Scorpius?

James nods uncomfortably and I look at Harry, aghast. A small voice whispered to me, however, that it is not so surprising as that, that I suspect it, and for a long time, without admitting it to me.

Harry clenches his fists and jaws, and asks:

- And where are you, since you are so well informed?

- Hey there ... I try to help you! It's not for me to watch them, though? he said aggressively, staring at us in turn.

I intervene, death of anguish:

- Nothing is your fault, James, but help us, if you can!

- She told me once about the Room on Demand ...