Chapter21:Are us?

September, the following year.

POV DRACO

I enjoy the last rays of summer, lying on my deck chair. Everything is motionless around me, but everything is rustling. Fortunately, I have watered this lawn regularly this summer, or everything will be burned.

I see the lake in the distance, and a boat moving away. My chest lifts under the effect of a deep sigh. So many memories come back to me, watching this lake. I smiled when I saw the boat turn around. It's Harry who keeps on crossing it every morning. To keep fit, he says.

I find him fit, but he does not believe me. Time does not really have a hold on him. I always find him so juvenile. This energy and that irresistible smile. I suspect him of using some secret filter or ointment, but he bursts out laughing at me as a madman.

I take a sip of iced tea when Isadora calls me. I get up, reluctantly abandoning my haven of peace. I would have liked to enjoy a little more, before the arrival of the guests.

I join her in the living room, and my heart is tightening: she hangs ribbons in the cradle of Narcissa, and the past catches me at once. The birth of Narcissa, Harry's accident. This long purgatory before we meet again.

She stands up, radiant:

- Did you see ? I cleaned it well, huh? It's like new ...

I smile back and kiss him on the forehead.

How to believe that our children are so great now?

That James is a father now?

With a wand, she adds small white flowers in the wicker of the cradle that will house Yse for a few hours. Harry had to fight a lot with Ginny to accept that the baptism is going on at our house, not far from Moïra's family. But finally he has won, and just now the family will arrive.

I hear cries coming closer and Moïra, James' wife appears, the baby in his arms. They are both charming in their coordinating formal clothes. She goes to the cradle and exclaims:

- How handsome he is ! It looks like a cradle of the 19th century ...

"It's one," smiled Isadora. He rocked the whole Malfoy family ...

- Wow! Have you seen, bichette, the beautiful dodo that you will have?

She gently lays the baby in the bed, which begins to scream.

- No, you're not going to bed right now ... I'm going to change you, and then we'll all go to church ... you'll be wise, huh?

Ysé's crying redoubled and James enters the room:

- Are we torturing a baby here, or what? Oh dear ! It is beautiful, this cradle! It is for her ?

- No, it's for your father, I answer him with a wink. He falls back into childhood, sometimes.

- Who says good of me? Harry asks, coming in through the window door, red and sweaty.

- Harry? Did you see the time? I remind you that we baptize your granddaughter, just now ..., scolds Isadora sweetly. Hurry up and take a shower ...

"Yes, Mum," he said, moving away after putting a delicate kiss on Ysé's cheek, which calm as if by magic.

A few minutes later, we are all ready and we transplane to the Church. Moïra's parents are waiting for us, smiling. Ron and Hermione also arrive with the other members of the Weasley Clan. The baby goes from arm to arm and everyone finds her crisp in her little white lace dress. Ginny and John join us, we greet each other quickly, but courteously.