Chapter32: Vienna

POV Albus

The hotel intimidates me. It is a sumptuous monument, in the center of Vienna. Marble columns, thick carpets, grooms, gilding. I'm not used to this kind of place. I do not know the codes, but I do not care. I follow you.

The idea of ??sharing your room scares me and delights me, at the same time.

We look at each other, in the elevator, embarrassed, under the indifferent eye of the groom.

Of course the room is big, beautiful. There are indeed two beds, separated by a bedside table.

In a movie, you would embrace me and we would kiss before making love, on these beds. In a film a music would rise during a close-up on our lips looking for each other, our hands being rediscovered.

But we are not in a movie.

We are in this room, with our past, our desires, our lies.

Our carelessness of a moment ago has fallen back before reality: we are in a room, in Vienna. Only. Eight years later.

I sit on the edge of a bed:

- So, why did you make me come?

- Because I need you.

Your air is serious, a little sad. A silence. You sit on the other bed. I continue :

- Are you alone here?

- No. Mélanie accompanies me. She is the one replacing Rupert at the gallery.

I smile, going to the window, to admire the illuminated place:

- And in your life, who replaces Rupert?

- Nobody, you know ... Thin, I'm so happy that you're here, but I do not know what to do, or what to say to you. It's stupid, huh?

I turn around. We look at each other.

- No its normal. We are in an intimate place and we are more intimate. It will take a little time to be comfortable together, I think. It's so weird to be here. Why are you in Vienna?

- For an exhibition of my paintings. It starts tomorrow. I have a few chips. There will be people, journalists, and I do not speak the language.

- How you gonna do ?

- Melanie will translate. But I can never speak correctly about my paintings. I do not know how to answer the questions, you say with a sigh.

- Why do you accept expos, then?

- Because it's the game. I do not really have a choice, if I want to sell. Do you want to eat something ?

- No, thank you, I ate on the plane. I'm pretty tired, actually. I'll take a shower.

The bathroom is like the rest, beautiful. I wash myself quickly, taking advantage of the fragrant samples. I put on my pajamas, and I hesitate to go out again. I am afraid of a misunderstanding.

I jump out, and I slip into a bed. You look at me, hilarious:

- Well, say so! are you so prude, or are you afraid of me?

- Both, my general ...

So you go slowly to my bed, and sit on the edge:

- Do not be afraid, Albus. Nothing happens that you do not want. I will not touch you. The last time I wanted to force you, it ended very badly. I learned the lesson. I will not do it again. And if you prefer nothing, if you just want to be my friend, that's okay.

Your look is perfectly pure and your voice is calm. My apprehensions fly away at once. I'm smiling at you:

- Thank you. It's better like that.