Chapter6: Denial

POV Albus

For three days my father has disappeared.

A week ago it was the start of the school year in September, he accompanied us on the platform, as usual, he kissed us a little off, and he left. He did not look good when I think about it.

Moreover, since the divorce of my parents, he never looks good.

When they told us this, their divorce, this summer, we can not say we were surprised. We felt that it was not going between them for a few months. They hardly spoke to each other, and often argued.

I can not say we were relieved, but at least they were no longer pretending.

My mother cried a lot, I think. Strangely, it did not touch me. I know, I'm a little ashamed to have thought about it, but I thought to myself that now she would know how it feels to be forcibly separated from the person we love.

I do not think I ever forgave him for separating me and Scorpius last year. I do not know if I will forgive him one day, by the way ...

And I remember when they told us about their separation, and that they told us that we would go once to the one and once to the other for the holidays, I remember that my first reaction was been asking if I could still spend a vacation at Scorpius.

I thought she was going to blow my throat, she looked at me as if I had insulted her, but I did not look down.

Then she glared at my father, and he lowered his head as if he were ashamed. Shame of what? I do not know exactly, but I sense that it has something to do with the Malfoy family. Necessarily.

Everything went wrong at that moment, when we got together. As weekends at home, the relationship of my parents has deteriorated. As we got closer, Scorpius and I, my parents were moving away from each other. Hazard ?

I'm scared for my dad, but I can not believe anything really happened to him. After all he's been through ... I'm trying to hang on to the slightest hope.

Scorpius tells me not to worry, and I need him even more now.

Already that my mother does not appreciate me any more, if I have more father, how I will live?

My brother James says he's sure everything's fine, but I know him, he never shows his worry, never the slightest weakness ...

Lily, she's like me, frightened, and we avoid looking at each other, or we cry when we think about our father.

Fortunately, Scorpius is here, and I often put my head on his shoulder, in the library, for him to reassure me. I often think about it, this absence of my father, it's like a black cloud over my head, all the time.

I ask Scorpius one evening, while we're both sitting on a bench:

- Do you think he's dead?

- No, of course not, Albus.

- Where is he, then?

- I do not know ... listen, if it had happened to him an accident, we would have found his body somewhere. Stop worrying.

- Do you think he's gone?

- Probably yes.

- But why ?

- Because he did not feel well. Or because he was in danger ...

- But what danger? Voldemort is dead.

Scorpius sighs:

- It's not just this type of danger ... Listen, I do not know. I wonder what my father thinks ...