Chapter19: Scarborough fair

7 years later.

May.

POV Albus

I enter the chapel, a little moved. Late, as of right. I had a hard time finding this little chapel in Surrey.

I look at the crowd, back, and I try to locate my parents, in vain. The cold, slightly pungent smell of incense makes me cough, and the near darkness gives me a shudder.

I slipped on a bench, basically, although I know I'm waiting in front. I had trouble getting up and getting dressed this morning. Trouble finding an adequate costume. Not the courage to walk up the aisle to join my father. But I'm here, anyway. I do not want to hurt anyone.

I do not like this kind of ceremony. Commonplaces and conventions of use bother me. Ghosts scare me.

It's so beautiful, outside ... why spend two hours in this chapel?

I look at the sheaves of flowers on the altar, and I barely smile. I'd like to bury my nose in these beautiful petals, and smell the smell of white lilacs.

The priest slowly goes up the aisle, followed by choir boys dressed in white, who go on religiously holding lighted candles. So much candor and purity touch me.

I jump a little when resound the organ and that air so well known, which gives me chills, in the end, without my knowing why.

A ray of sunshine passes through the stained glass and hangs a blonde hair. I close my eyes. I reopen them. She is a young woman I do not know, very elegant, very blond.

Beside me, in the alley, spend the bride and groom and I can not help but smile. They are both beautiful, and Narcissa who follows the bride tries to wear the veil with the most serious possible but a naughty smile lights his face.

In the front row, Isadora and my father turn to see the bride and groom coming towards the altar. I do not see the face of the bride but I guess she is very beautiful.

Of course, he has always had a lot of taste.

The ceremony begins and I pick up pretty quickly, to observe the statues and stained glass windows. I try to concentrate on the Latin phrases that are written in them, but the translation escapes me, except for a word or two. Hogwarts, it's already far away.

I am both moved and slightly annoyed by the protocol and this love staged.

This alliance that he will put on his finger, what does it mean?

I would like to think that an alliance protects a love of everything, but I know it's wrong. At the time of the traditional "yes", I see my mother, in the 2nd row, crush a tear and hang on the arm of her new husband. They are touching, both ... What's his name, already? It does not matter, she is fulfilled with him, finally ... it looks like she has rejuvenated.

Songs rise as James kisses the bride, under the benevolent gaze of the audience. Without really thinking, I do a little prayer for them. The words come back from I do not know where ...

I turn my head to the left and a ray of sunshine illuminates another blonde hair. My heart leapt into my chest. This time, it's him, for sure. I quickly look away, as if that glow had burned me. James had warned me of his presence, and I almost did not come.

Seven years.

Seven years since I did not see him, that I have not heard from him since that famous morning when he left for St. Mungo's. Without saying goodbye.

My heart is beating in my chest. What does he want, that one? He did not suffer enough? I am moribund: nothing happens, I was wrong, it's just a vague resemblance.