Chapter 2

I woke up screaming because of a burning sensation on the right side of my hip. It felt like someone was branding me with a coin that had been sitting in fire. I lifted my shirt to reveal a glowing mark, that looked like a silver moon on the right side of my hip.

I hadn't realised through my screams that my parents were there beside me telling me to take deep breaths. "Mum what's happening, it hurts so much?!" I said. She was frantically talking to my dad about something which I couldn't make out.

"It's your Luna Powers" was all I heard her say before I passed out.

-----Dream------
I was standing in a forest next to a beautiful large lake and I could see the sun beginning to set. It was so peaceful here.

"Hello Lara, it's good to see you". I turned around to see a beautiful woman with tan olive skin, brown hair and amber coloured eyes just like mine, standing there wearing a long white dress. I felt so drawn to her and for some reason I felt a strong connection to her too. "W-who are you" I said in confusion.

"My name is Rosalyn. Mark and Helen will explain everything soon. I just wanted to tell you that your life is about to change. Lara you are different, you are a very special girl. The Silver Moon pack needs you. There is a dark cloud coming and you need to protect everyone."
"But I'm not the one-"
She held up her hand to stop me, "I know you may not think it now but, trust me you are, when the time is right. Your ancestors were very powerful leaders and it is time for you to come out the shadows and into the light. It will not be easy but I will be with you every step of the way"
"What do you mean? I don't even know you."
"Like I said Mark and Helen will explain every thing."

I felt a strong gust of wind blow past us as my dark brown hair was whipping my face. "It is time for me to go." She said with sadness as she looked at me.
"No wait don't go yet." I took a few steps towards her but she was starting to fade.
"Im glad I was able to see your face again, you've grown so much,"
"Wait!" The closer I got the more she seemed to disappear. "I miss you Lara. I am always here. Goodbye"
and then I was surrounded by darkness.

----End Dream--------

I opened my eyes to find myself laying in bed. As I made an attempt to get up I felt a throb in the back of my head.

"Ayy take it easy there kiddo" I heard my dad say. He was sitting with my mum at the end of my bed.

"What happened to me?" I said with a croaky voice.

"You passed out after you received your mark" said my mum moving to sit at the edge of the bed next to me.

"My mark?". I lifted my shirt to see my mark on my hip but it was no longer glowing or burning.

"Yes, it's a symbol all first born females of Luna's get. Most Lunas are born with a silver crest moon, but yours is different, yours is a full silver moon, I'm not sure why your's is different though."

"But mum your not a Luna so I can't be a first born."

They both looked at each other as if contemplating whether or not they should tell me. "Helen it's time for her to know the truth." She nodded in agreement.

"Lara, your father and I are not your biological parents. Your real mum's name was Rosalyn. She was the current Luna's sister"
WHAT?!

*****************************

This chapter was shorter but I hope you enjoyed it still. Please comment and tell me what you think cuz I love reading comments ahah.
Thankyou have a good day or night! Xx