Chapter 15

After Nick left the house to give us some privacy Rick and I sat on the couch as he began explaining.

"I was 16 when I inherited my Protector tattoo." He began.
"Before I found out, I had been training my whole life amongst the greatest warriors including my dad, your grandfather. He was the best warrior and also the Beta. Since he was always around the Luna and taking me with him to watch and learn as I grew up, I constantly ran into your mother Rosalyn. She was also a very skilled fighter, she could take any man down. She eventually became the best in the pack and since I too was the second best male fighter in the pack we would train together. Eventually we became close and started dating in secret because she had to focus in becoming Luna. On my 16th birthday I found out the spirits had chosen me to become a Protector. I hadn't learnt much in werewolf school about Protectors only that they where very rare and respected by the pack.
I wasn't sure why I had been chosen to protect Rosalyn because she was not a True Luna but I soon learnt the reason why when she became pregnant with you. Colleen informed us that Rosalyn was going to give birth to a True Luna and that the spirits had chosen me to protect her since she was carrying you and would be vulnerable. Colleen and Rosalyn's mother where the only ones who knew I was the father. Things turned bad when Eleanor became jealous of Rosalyn becoming Luna, which as Colleen explained to you, it lead to Rosalyn's death. That night I was meant to go with her to Mark and Helen's but I couldn't because I found out my father had been captured and murdered by Hunters. When your mother died my Protector powers also disappeared with her."
Tears had began falling down his face as he explained.

"I hate myself for letting her die and not being with her that night. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. Your mother visited me in my dreams one night and told me to watch over you since your Protector was not old enough to protect you yet. She told me to train you for the future so you would be a strong warrior like she had been, which is what I have been doing.
Even though I have hated Eleanor I became the third in command so I could keep a close eye on her. However she did not know of my relationship with Rose or that I was the father. If she did she would have killed me when she had the chance."

His eyes finally looked up at me and I could see they were filled with sadness and regret. It was the first time I had seen him this vulnerable. He always had a strong composure. I knew this was hard for him to explain which was why he had never really told me much about his past.

I hadn't realised I was crying too until I felt the tears streaming down my face.

"I'm so so sorry Lara. I only wanted to keep you safe, which is why I never told you. I wish I had told you earlier. I just couldn't bring my self for you to hate me."

Without thinking I leaned forward and gave him a big hug. He was taken a back at first but then he wrapped his arms around me too.

"It's ok. Thank you for explaining. I know it wasn't your fault. You did your best to protect her and I would never be able to hate you. You have done so much for me and I know she would be proud and happy for everything you have done for me too and who you helped me become."

"Thanks kiddo." he wiped the tears away.
"I see her in you all the time. Each day that goes by you are more and more like her."

"Can you tell me more about her and what she was like?"

He let out a light laugh.
"She was the most beautiful woman I had ever laid eyes on and I gaurantee you that she could make any male in the pack fall weak to his knees. She was always smiling and laughing which made every one who met her love her. She was strong and kind hearted to every pack member, treating them with equal respect, always making sure everyone was happy. She was the opposit to Eleanor. She would have been the most loved, powerful and respected Luna to ever lead our pack."
He was smiling as he spoke.

We continued to laugh as he shared his memories about their time together.

I was no longer angry at Rick for what he had done and we where back like the old times laughing and joking around.

It must have been 4 o'clock in the afternoon when Nick came running into the house.

"Nick is everything alright?" Rick said as he got up concerned.

"The BlackNight pack is here on our land, the Luna is preparing a pack meeting to introduce their pack to our pack before the coronation and mating ceremony."

The BlackNight pack are here?
They where the pack that owned the territory next to us.
Even though they where a small pack in numbers they where one of the strongest and most feared pack in our country.
I was starting to feel worried for my pack as I knew we hadn't had new pack members let alone a whole pack join ours in a long time. We didn't know if they where a violent or aggressive pack either so I was concerned.

I turned to look at Rick but he looked deep in thought and his eyes where clouded which I guessed meant he was mind linking other pack members.

"Rick?"
He turned to look at me.
"He's right, we are having a pack meeting in the open fields to meet the other pack."

Suddenly a wolf howl could be heard in the far distance that was coming from the centre of the pack territory which must have been Luna Eleanor. Her howl was soon followed by many others.

Pack meeting

"I have to go you two should stay here. We don't want to risk Luna Eleanor or Stephan seeing Lara." He said as he left the house, shifting into dark brown wolf and sprinted into the Forrest, howling along with the other pack members.

My wolf and I were itching to follow Rick to see what was happening. I looked at Nick and smiled mischievously.

"No Lara that is a bad idea. You heard him, it's too dangerous for you. Eleanor will kill you if she sees you. Literally."

As I was getting ready to leave I grabbed a large black hoodie that was on the couch and threw it at Nick which he caught without even trying.

"Not if she is too busy kissing the Alpha's feet. Plus there will be lots of people making it easier for us to blend in."
He knew I was right. But that didn't stop him from trying to stop me.

"Lara stop this is too dangerous. I won't allow risking it." He said blocking my way to the front door.
I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness.

"I'm not asking for your permission. I can do whatever the hell I want. Now you either stay here or follow me."
He knew how stubborn I could be sometimes. So he just groaned running his hands threw his messy, chesnut hair and down his face.

"Well if you wanna get killed I guess I have no choice but to follow you to hell." He said joking as a small smirk formed on his lips. But I knew he loved being rebellious just as I did.
I just laughed as he followed me out.
"Let's go then."
Together shifting as we sprinted into the forest racing each other, both our wolves feeling excited.

************************************************

Hey readers!!
What do you think?
I hope you are liking my story so far. Thankyou for reading it :)
Don't forget to Comment , Vote and Follow :D