Chapter 10

I had practiced spear fighting with Rick before and I normally always won since I was smaller. Nick wasn't as buff and tall compared to Rick but he looked like he could be pretty fast so I had to stay light on my feet.

"Begin!" Colleen shouted.

We both swiftly and soundlessly charge forward in wolf speed and began swinging around our long spear's trying to hit the other person. We werewolves had high pain tolerance and could throw stronger hits compared to a human but I was use to taking hard hits thanks to Rick's intense training.

The sound of our spear's smacking against each other as we blocked each attack filled the room.
Clack clack clack.
Each hit sending a small wave of vibration through my body.
From the corner of my eye I could see Colleen's gaze studying us, well mainly me. "Focus more on your speed Lara. Let it take over your body without hesitation."

What the hell was she talking about? I was going as fast as I could, I was using my wolf speed, I couldn't go any faster.

"Uhh. I'm doing that." I said through grunts as I dodged Nicks spear from wacking me on the side of my arm.

Wow this guy was good. He had definitely improved a lot during the years when we use to train together. He was much more faster and agile. His body moved like the wind, soft and freely without a care.

I could see his muscles ripple through his midnight blue shirt down his arm with every move he made.

He made an attempt to do a swift and quick swing at my legs to trip me but I ran and jumped up high. I used my momentum to pin him down with my foot and then pointed the spear at his neck.
1 point for me. I smiled down at him in a triumph smug.

He gave me a frown but it was later replaced with a smirk and I could see the playfulness behind it.

"Still been training I see. Oh Lar I'm just warming up." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him trying to ignore the butterflies in my stomach from him saying my nickname.
"Pfft I'm still gonna kick your ass no matter how hard you try."
"We'll see about that."

"Lara your still not focusing hard enough. Dig deeper and concentrate on you movement don't be afraid of letting go of your wolf. Feel the energy flow through your veins" Colleen said.

"Alright but I don't think I can get any faster then that."

"Again" She called as Nick and I began fighting again.

This time Nick moved much more faster then normal wolf speed and strength. He easily dodged every single one of my moves.
I noticed his eyes where starting to glow but they where different compared to the last time I saw them. Instead of his eyes glowing blue they were glowing bright emerald green. What is this? Why where they a different colour.

I was so surprised by his movement and eyes, that I was caught off guard by his foot swinging under my leg causing me to trip up.

I fell with a heavy grunt on the floor. Hitting the back of my head on the floor. When I opened my eyes again to look up Nick was standing over me with his spear's end pointing at my neck.
Damn it. I hate loosing.

I growled at him annoyedly.
"Still hate loosing." He smirked his eyes still glowing bright green.
I smacked his spear away and jumped back on my feet in one swift movement.
"What the hell was that? You moved so much faster then normal wolf speed, almost like a vampire and why are your eyes a different colour to your wolfs?"