Chapter 25

Warm lights poured out of the pack house as classical music played from inside.
It was 8:10 pm.
My heart was pounding in my chest from excitement and nerves.
Nick must have sensed it through our bond because I felt him grab my hand and give it a squeeze before letting go as if to say
It's ok I'm right here, we got this.

I gave him a small smile in return.

"Don't forget I'll be out here if you need anything. This black cloak will mask my scent so it will be as if I'm invisible to wolves." Colleen said.

I nodded. "Ok let's do this" I said as I slipped my mask on, Jade and Nick did the same.

We walked inside as both Nick and Jade flanked my sides.

A couple people turned their heads in curiosity but other than that none seemed to notice who we were.

'There's Rick, 2'clock by the stairs' Jade mind linked me

There he was with two other men. They all seemed to be laughing at something Rick had said. One of the guys I recognized straight away.

Stephan

I felt a sharp pain in my chest as anger filled me from the flashes of memories of that day.

That son of a bitch.

He seemed so careless and cocky as he laughed and drank from his glass. I wanted to wipe that grin off his face.

The other man must have been from the BlackNight pack I figured by the way he was standing; confident and relaxed but also alert.

Rick must have sensed our presence because he looked our way.

'All is perfectly in place. Ready when you are.' He mind linked me.

I nodded.

"I'm gonna go wander around. I'll let you know if anything happens here" Jade leaned in as she whispered before being swallowed by the crowd.

As more and more people came in, the room started to get louder from the music and all the chatter. Every one was dressed very elegantly as they wore masks and danced around or chatted. Children ran around giggling as they played tag. Unaware of the tension from both packs. Although most seemed cheerful and relaxed, heck some even were dancing to the music (which was great), I could sense that some were alert and had their guard up.

As Nick and I weaved our way around people suddenly the music quietened down and people where whispering and murmuring to each other.

"Ladies and gentlemen." Boomed a loud voice of an elderly man. "I'd like to present your soon to be Alpha and Luna. Sabrina Everson daughter of Luna Eleanor Everson and Kian Lockwood son of Alpha Jessen Lockwood!"

There standing at the top of the stair case was Sabrina looking all dressed up as she wore a shimmery long silver dress and black mask, with her arm wrapped around Kian who looked like a Roman god as he wore a silver and black mask which more like resembled a gladiator's mask along with a black tux.