Chapter 23

~~~~*Back to Lara's POV*~~~

A day had gone by after the incident and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

No vampire attacks. No creepy vampire Prince or King

Maybe Dorian hadn't told the King.

Now it was the day before the mating ceremony and the unity of the SilverMoon and BlackNight pack.

Through the pack bond I could feel the pack's excitement, nervous, anxiousness and fear.

Fear of the unknown.

I was still staying at Nick's house and he was doing a good job of keeping me out of trouble.

My training with Colleen was continuing but it was more to exercise my powers and fighting ability. I was getting use to manipulating the elements, but I had learned that until I was able to fully control my powers, I would need to have the elements present to control them.

"You need to really want them or to be feeling a very strong emotion to release the full potential of your abilities. That way you wouldn't need to rely on the element being presented." Is what Colleen would say.

"I'm doing my best but it's not working." I would say through gritted teeth as I did my best to form a fire ball out of my palm.

But no matter how hard I tried to push myself I just couldn't do it, only a bit of smoke would start to appear. I could only form a fire ball if I had at least a candle near by.

Rick hadn't come by until later that night as he had been busy helping organise and prepare things for the big day tomorrow with the Beta and other important pack members.

We had planned that tomorrow was the night that I would confront Eleanor and reclaim my rightful position as Luna.
For my parents
For my mother, Rosaline
And most importantly for my pack

Now that I knew who Elanore really was and how she had some sort of connection with the vampires who killed my real mother, I had to save my pack because with her as leader and Sabrina taking over, I knew my pack would fall, it was already happening.
Pack members found dead with Vampire bite marks all over their bodies. Pack members suddenly disappearing and never being found. Small fights breaking out between wolves.

Ever since I was little people had been disappearing but I guess I didn't take notice of it because there was nothing I could do, until now.

It had always been small talk for our pack but no one could do anything about it. We had grown accustomed to it in a way, although it still worried the pack.

***

Rick, Jade and Colleen came over to the house that night. We where all standing around a table with a map Rick had made of the Main Pack House which was where everything was going to take place. Jade has insisted on helping out and so we figured we needed as many eyes and ears that night as we could get in order for the plan to go along without me being noticed.

"It's a good thing that this event will be a masquerade dance because it will make it easier for Lara to sneak in unnoticed." Rick said.

"Eleanor made it like this because she wanted both packs to feel comfortable with each other and she thought if no one could tell anyone apart it would make things less awkward and more relaxed." He continued.

"The doors for the dance open at 8 o'clock at night. Lara, Jade and Nick will meet us there at about 8:05 which gives us enough time as everyone settles in. I'll meet everyone else at 8:15 as I'll be with Stephan before hand to distract him. Eleanor isn't coming out of her room until about 8:30pm which gives Lara enough time to sneak upstairs to her room."