Chapter 32

~~Kian's POV of the ceremony ~~~~~

I watched standing a few meters away as Sabrina was about to grab Eleanor's hand to commence the Luna ritual to become Luna and become my mate, when they were interrupted by the sound of a girl's voice.

"I challenge for the position of Luna as the first blood daughter of Rosalyn Everson!" Shouted a female voice below, coming from the crowd.

I turned shocked and surprised at the announcement made by someone from within the crowd. It was a female figure wearing a black large jumper with a hood over her head, shadowing her face. But I had a feeling who it was straight away.

Lara

A deep feeling of hurt, betrayal and anger bubbled up inside me.

How could she?! She promised.

She obviously couldn't be trusted anymore.

The crowd started to become unsettled by the deceleration of a challenge.

"QUIET!!" Eleanor roared using her Luna tone to command her pack to be silent

"Stephan take her away! She has no right to be here." She ordered. Stephan who stepped out of the crowd and made his way to Lara.

I watch as she removed her hood and revealed her face to everyone. However I could tell she was avoiding eye contact with me.

"I have the right to be here!" she shouted.

She pointed to the crowd. "They deserve the truth. Tell them Eleanor. Go on. Tell them how you killed my mother. Tell them how you killed Rosaline."

The crowd gasped.

I had little knowledge of their pack's history but I had heard of Rosalyn. I knew she was meant to be the next successor but then rumours spread that she had disappeared or ran away.

Paul spoke up, "Hold on, are you the daughter of Rosalyn Everson?"

Lara was now a few meters in front of me and I was staring at the back of her head as she spoke.

"Yes." she replied

She lifted her jumper and shirt up to reveal her strange marking on her left hip.

"A full silver moon marking?" he said surprised. I knew what that marking meant I had learnt about in when reading about the history of werewolves.

No It couldn't be.

"But how? Only the great True Luna's posses that marking and we haven't had one in hundreds of years. Are you the True Luna?" He Paul asked.

This time her eyes started glowing confirming what she was saying. "Yes I am. It is also my birth right to be the next successor of my pack."

"She's right, Eleanor. The girl is the telling the truth. Before me stands the True Luna and daughter of Rosalyn. Your rightful leader."

I watched unsure what to do in this situation. This was their pack's personal problem, I would feel as if I was intruding if I said anything. So I kept quiet and let the events unfold. I had to find out the truth. I had to find out who Lara was really.

She seemed to be a girl with lots of secrets.

A frustrated and angry ear piercing screech filled the air, "No! I am meant to be the Luna. You ruined everything, you bitch!!" Screamed Sabrina angrily. I hadn't seen her this angry before.

"You don't deserve to be the Luna, not when you and your mother both have blood on your hands. A real Luna would not let her pack members die.... A real Luna would not be working with the vampires!" Lara growled, dropping a bomb shell.