Chapter 7

****Lara's POV******

It's been one week since I escaped from Stephan, the Beta who tried to take me to the Luna.. one week since my parents died trying to protect me.

I had been hiding and roaming the streets of the human world.

In case you were wondering, Yes wolves did mix with humans. Some even went to high school.
We did this so we could keep an eye on the human population from Vampires and rogues. We are like their protectors but they don't even know about our kind.

I sat down at a table in the corner of the coffee shop, drinking my latte I had ordered. I was waiting for Jade, my best friend, to show up.

I smelt her before I saw her. She always smelt like vanilla and roses.

"Lara where have you been, I was so worried about you!", she said as she came up to me and wrapped me in a warm hug before sitting across from me.

"Jade, Ive missed you too. I have something important to tell you"

"What, what's wrong?" She asked worriedly.

"Jade, something happened to me on my 18th birthday."

I hesitated as I looked around to make sure no wolves were around before lifting my top up to reveal my mark.

She sucked in a quick breath in surprise.
" Oh my god. Lara.. is-is that a Luna mark. How?"

"Mark and Helen aren't my biological parents. My really mum was Rosalyn, the Luna's sister." Her bright blue eyes widened in shock.

"Does that mean your meant to be the pack's Luna?" I nodded in response.

She had confusion and shock written on her face "But Luna Eleanor said that the true Luna bloodline died along with your mum's disapearance 18 years ago"

"She was wrong. She didn't know who I really was and when she found out she sent Stephan to get me. My parents died trying to protect me that day."
I explained feeling a hard lump form in my throat and tears threatening to fall.

"Oh Lara Im so sorry. I wish I had known earlier so I could have done something. Mark and Helen were the kindest people I had ever met" I saw a tear escape from the corner of her eyes but she quickly wiped it way.

She grabbed my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed hers back as well and smiled at her. This small gesture was enough to give me strength.

"Our pack is dying because of her. Helen told me the night Rosalyn came to her door step, she said that I had to become the next Luna on my 18th. So that's what I'm going to do."

"When are you going to challenge her?"
"The day Sabrina becomes the next Luna" I said determined.
" That's not long. Are you sure you will be ready. She will kill you. You know how she is, she cruel and ruthless."

"I know, but I'm ready."

Jade nodded in understanding but I could see she was concerned.

"Does the pack know what happened?" I asked curious of the current situation in the pack.

I could see her hesitated before speaking.
"Once a couple of people noticed your family's disappearance. She announced that Helen and Mark had done something unforgivable and where going to be punished. She used this as an example for others to show what would happen if they did something bad or disobeyed her. But I know that most don't believe her because we all knew how nice Mark and Helen are. She also said that you ran away and if anyone sees you, to inform her."