Mind Games: Part 1

We were able to got out from the dragon's lair with the help of Nico. I can't still get over the fact that my foster parents were behind every chaos that the Stallworthy and Butterowrths had to go through. Due to selfishness and envy, they resorted to some risky moves that will target the mafia's weakest points, as for the Butterworths, me. I don't know how to face my father and mother and I don't know how to act innocent in front of my mama and papa. I never knew that they will do something as cruel as this. Paanong hindi ko man lang napansin ang pagbabalatkayo nila?

It means that they've been betraying the mafia for a long time and the mafia had no idea about it. Of course, the easiest way to destroy a kingdom is by destroying it from the inside. I was hoping for a logical explanation from them after this but nothing can explain the murder and chaos they've done to our family. Hindi sana kami nagkakagulo ngayon kunghindi dahil sa kanila. I wanted to believe that someone was jus tcommanding them – that maybe they had no choice but to do such terrible things pero hindi. I cannot see it that way. They're monsters.

Bumalik kami ni Nico sabahay namin. We carefully placed the carpet back to its original place at umalis sa bahay. Nico and I rode his car and I was in deep thoughts. Iniisip kung ano ang maaari kong gawin para makatulong samafia para makabawi man lang sa kasalanan ng mga foster parents ko. Then I remembered Katrina Madrigal. I needed to talk to her. Kilalaniya si Argaux Smith and I know that she can shed some light into this dark world I am in right now. But I cannot risk letting the whole mafia know about this. Alam na ni Nathaniel ang tungkol dito at tama na yun. I need to get to her.

"Nico. Dahin mo ako sa train station, now" I said.

"Hindi ka pa po ba uuwi, Ms. Alex? It's getting late"

"I can take care of myself. Just drop me off to the nearest train station. May kailanganlang akong puntahan" I said. I saw hesitation in his eyes pero wala siyang nagawa and he did his job. He dropped me off to the nearest station and I kinda borrowed money from him dahil nga hindi ko dala ang wallet ko at maski ang phone ko. Hindi ko matatawagan si Katrina and I can risk to use Nico's phone to call her kaya dadaan nalang ako sa isang payphone. There is one working payphone pa naman sa train station kaya magagamit ko ito. I waited for Nico to leave bago ako tumakbo papunta sa payphone. Luckily, walang gumagamit dahil lahat naman ng tao ngayon eh may cellphone na. Pero bago ko i'dial ang number ni Katrina ay tinanggal ko muna ang maliit na kulay itim na bilog na nakadikit sa may bandang likuran ko. Napansin ko iyon sa passenger seat ng sasakyan ni Nico. Sa hinala ko ay GPS ito at mini microphone. Alam kong kanina pa nakikinig ang mafia sa pinaguusapan namin ni Nico at hindi ako ganun katanga. Nathaniel and the others acted the way they acted awhile ago para ma'force akong harapin ang mga kailangang harapin. I was their only chance and they needed to send someone na tutulong sa akin sa katauhan ni Nico Montefalcon. As soon as I was sure na tanggal ko na ang GPS ay tinawagan ko agad siKatrina. "Kat..."

[Alex?]

"Papunta ako ngayon sa condo mo"

[Huh? What? Why? And why are you calling from a payphone?] she asked pero hindi ko iyon pinansin.

"That's not important. I need to talk to you about something"

[About what?]

"About your former boss, Argaux Smith" she fell dead silent until I heard her sigh.

[I'll be expecting you then. I'll ready the necessary documents na maaring kailanganin mo.It seems like an emergency so tutulungan kita] I thanked her and ended the call at bumili na ng ticket ko. Luckily again, hindi ganun karami ang tao dito sa station namin kaya nakasakay agad ako. When I reached my destination, agad akong bumaba and ran towards the exit. Katrina's condo unit is just 2 kilometers away from here kaya tinakboko na. The guard recognized me so he immediately let me in. Aga kong tinungo ang elevator. I was still panting when Katrina opened her door at pumasok agad ako. I went to her kitchen and drank water dahil uhaw na uhaw na ako.