Kelly Cryle

AUTUMN

I stepped on the gas and with tears streaming down my cheeks as I sped down the highway with my car. It was painful for me to hurt them but I have to do it for my son. I was known as one of the most dangerous assassins in the underground society; known for not having any weaknesses or any soft spots and I thought it will stay that way forever however, everything changed when Wisdom came in my life. I thought I will be able to stand on that spot until the end but I was so wrong.

I was already breaking all speed limits and traffic rules just to beat the time. I have to be there before the sun sets or else I'm done for. Weather already finished her work that's why she blew up her cover. She's one of the few people I know who has strong conscience so I was unsure if she will be able to pull it off however I am pleasantly surprise that she was able to do it right. And I am aware that sooner or later, I will also face the same fate she had. I will also be shot and who knows, maybe that one bullet will finish this demon once and for all.

I rushed out of my car as soon as I reached my destination and looked for her, any traces and shadows. But I couldn't find her.

"Alexandra! Where the fvck are you?! I'm here! Face me!"

I was driving in the middle on a road on a secluded place where there is no light and houses where I could pull over to rest. We've been looking for Alexandra and we couldn't find her. We thought we had traced her but it turns out that it was a fake address. I went to check it however, I end up in front of a cemetery and now, nagabihan na nga ako sa sobrang layo. Wisdom is already looking for me but I lost contact dahil walang signal at halos mamatay na rin ang phone ko. I turned it off to preserve the energy para magamit ko in case of emergency. Summer is probably tracking my location but I turned it all off para hindi sayang sa energy. The only source of light I have is from my car. Mukhang malapit na rin umulan dahil sa sunod sunod na pagkidlat at pagkulog.

"What the fvck is this place?" I sighed in frustration dahil kanina pa ako nagdadrive pero wala pa rin akong makitang kahit isang bahay man lang. I was reaching for my phone to turn it on, nagbabakasakaling may signal na however, I was stunned nang isang malakas na pagbangga ang narinig ko hanggang sa nakita ko ang sarili ko na pinipilit ibalanse ang pagmamaneho ko. I tried stepping on the brake however, it's not working and I just found myself, sitting in my car, habang nakahinto ang sasakyan ko aa gitna ng daan.

I look up and stretched my neck and secretly look around, I don't feel right and safe right now. I feel like I am being watched right now so I sneakily reached for my gun in my compartment and quietly went out of my car. Medyo nahihilo pa ako dahil nagpaikot ikot ako kanina at masakit rin ang leeg ko dahil sa seatbelt. Tumingin ako sa kung saan ako galing at pinilit aninagin kung ano ang meron at bakit ako nabangga. My car is horizontally parked on the road kaya hindi naiilawan yung daan. I walked towards where I came from, readied my gun and myself for any encounter hanggang sa may maaninag akong tao na nakatayo sa hood ng kotse. I raised my gun and pointed at the stranger and I walked closer to where that person is. I tried not to make any noise pero nagulat ako nang mag'on ang ilaw ng kotse and I was able to see who it was. The reason why I came all the way here...

"Alexandra" I muttered and I saw that sinister smile on her face.

"Autumn Lancaster, finally" she changed. Ibang iba siya from the ate Ry we knew and I know that I cannot let my guards down around her.

"I've been looking for you, Alexandra"

"It's nice to finally meet the real Autumn Lancaster and well, I have to apologize for being away for a long time dahil hindi kita matiyempuhan but who would have thought that a single, fake and misleading address will actually lead you in my trap"