Nail in the Coffin

AUTUMN

The news about what happened to manang Lily and manong Rudy spread like a wildfire and everyone's on their feet, investigating every corner of the mansion and even the CCTV cameras were being inspected because it turns out that it was off about a week ago so it's useless. Both Wisdom and the mafia are working hand in hand in order to uncover what happened to my family. Manang Lily and manong Rudy were always there at halos sila na rin ang magpalaki sa akin as my parents were busy abroad with the business and being a member of the mafia.

Lorenzo escorted me to my room and assigned someone to look out for me a he joined the group to investigate. Bantay sarado din sila sa akin dahil baka daw may gawin ako na pagsisisihan ko. But I am motivated to punish someone right now at yun ang gagawin ko but first, I need to get out form this mansion pero hindi ako pwede dumaan sa main door at sa gate dahil sigurado akong may mga nakabantay na dun. My only option is the wall located 10 meters away from my room and I have to distract my guard first.

"Miss Autumn" he immediately attended me when he saw me opening the door.

"I want to drink"

"Sir Renzo told me that you cannot go out from your room"

"But I am thirsty"

"Let me dial---"

"No. Can you just go and get me some water?" he looked at me, questioningly at alam kong he won't budge anytime soon kaya kailangan kong mag-isip ng maaari pang sabihin for him to leave my door. "You can lock my door if you want. I just really need to drink" he looked at me and at the door then back at me. He then sighed and nodded. I thanked him and went inside my room again and waited until he locked my door. I smiled and headed to my bathroom at kinuha sa ilalim ng sink ang tali na matagal ko nang hindi nagamit. I used to sneak out at night gamit ang lubid na ito at kahit minsan, hindi pa ako nahuhuli and it was a long time since the last time I used this so I'm excited. I secured it in my bed frame and with the case, I easily got off my balcony and slowly made my way down. Madali na lang sa akin ang ganito.

My guard will soon come back and there's no point trying to conceal my escape dahil malalaman at malalaman din niya oras na makabalik siya so I have to move fast. They were done inspecting this side so I can easily cross the distance between the mansion and the wall. Stealthy as a thief, I walked across the yard and at halfway, I felt someone watching me kaya napatingin ako sa mga puno at hindi na ako nagulat na makita siya dun at nakaupo. Alam ko namang isang araw, maghaharap kaming dalawa but I hoped for a better timing than this.

"Max"

"Where are you going, Autumn?" gone is the playful Maxwell Calderon I knew at ang tanging kaharap ko na lang nagyon ay si Maxwell ng Wolves.

"You definitely know where I am going Max. I don't need to tell you that, do I?"

"Disobeying the orders of the great Lorenzo Lamperogue?" he asked. "Alam mo, hindi ko alam kung anong nakita ni Renzo sayo, maganda ka, oo. Matalino, magaling, malakas pero basura ang pag-uugali. You can betray anyone just to win, even your friends" and I knew it, tungkol ito kay Winter kaya niya ito ginagawa. He must've found out the truth. "I was mad at Alex, but then I learned that you were there first at nabaril na si Winter bago pa siya dumating. And she actually went there to help Winter but she was just a bit late. So now, I couldn't blame her because you can never stop someone who's programmed to kill"

"I wasn't trying to kill her, Max. Alam mo yan"

"Yes. Alam ko. Pero wala ka pa ring karapatan na gawin yun kay Winter" hindi ako sumagot and remained looking at him. "Wala kang karapatan na isali ang sinuman sa kung anumang kademonyohan ang pinaplano mo"