The Traitors

LORENZO

There was an emergency meeting called by one of the members of the Black Society after the death of Harold Cuevo. As what I've heard, they were doing a drug transaction with an Irish syndicate representative when he was shot dead on the head. I have a conclusion and a hunch of what transpired and why it resulted to whatever it is that happened but I don't want to entertain the idea of Autumn killing Harold Cuevo but I don't have anyone else in mind who can do it aside from Alex but the fact that his Black Card is not missing just confirmed my suspicion that it was Autumn and not Alex.

Nathan and I are going to their conference site. He's driving his Ferrari and I am driving my own. I don't know what's running in his mind right now and mine's in chaos. I received a call from the hospital that Autumn arrived shortly after I left. I don't know what she's feeling right now but I do know that she's broken and needs a shoulder to lean on but I have duties to attend and I feel bad because of it. Everyone's distancing themselves from her and I am all she has.

If only Wisdom is here, and I was thankful he's not because if he was here, he would've been one of the victims and if that happens, I won't be able to forgive myself and I will kill so I am quietly thanking Alex for taking good care of my son. Now that's manong Rudy is dead, I don't know how Autumn will be able to cope up with it. I've never seen her so broken and I don't know if I can help her get through everything.

My brows furrowed when Nathan took a sharp curve, as much as I can remember, this is not the way to the conference site. I fished my phone out from ny pocket and called Nathan and thankfully, he answered immediately, as if he's expecting my call. "Where are we going?"

[You have to do me a favour]

"What?"

[Guard Alex] then he ended the call. I looked at his car and noticed it speeding. I also stepped on the gas as I tried to catch up but he was fast enough to lose me. I halted and parked on the roadside and stared at my phone. Why would he want me to guard someone who totally hates the mafia and the group? Is there something I need to know? Contemplating with my choices, the last drop of sanity I have told me not to defy his orders so, I stirred the wheel and went back on the road. I didn't know where to go but I know someone who can tell me where she is right now. As I was speeding down the highway, I stepped on my brake as hard as I could, making my car jump a bit as I stare in horror at the person standing in front of my car.

She's wearing her usual on-the-go outfit but what scared me is the blood splashed all over her clothes. Is it her blood or somebody else? But seeing her standing straight, I'm having a good guess that it's somebody's blood and not hers but then again, this woman can withstand pain. She walked towards the passenger's seat and opened the door. Securing herself on the shotgun seat, she rested her shinning gold gun in the compartment in front of her. I stared at her as I try to figure what's happening.

First, I thought she's in the hospital for manang Lily and second, I am not expecting to see her here. My car remained unmoving but with the engine running on. I don't know if I should keep going or wait until she say something. I thought she was going to remain silent but my agony came to an end when she finally said, "I'm going with you" I was stunned, shocked, as I sense firmness in her voice and when I remembered where I was going, I looked at her, hesitating to whether comply or tell her to drop it.

"I don't think you should"

"I think I should"

"You don't know where I'm going, Autumn and it's better not to---"

"You're going to Alex" she asked and this time, she finally looked at me. "I'm going with you"

"I really don't think---"