Chapter 4

Oliver was working on getting his things unloaded from the moving van, when suddenly, he felt a dart enter his neck.

"About time." Oliver said he let the tranq take place as he felt his vision go dark.

When he came to, he found himself once again restrained to a chair and the three thugs his mother had hired to abduct him were standing over him.

"Oliver Queen." the lead thug said.

"What do you want?" Oliver asked, pretending to be oblivious.

"Did your father make it to the island with you? Did he tell you anything?" the leader asked again.

"Yeah, he did tell me something." Oliver said.

"What was it?" the thug asked.

"He told me I'm going to kill you." Oliver said, perfectly rephrasing what he'd said the first time this had happened.

"You must be joking. You're zip-cuffed to a chair." the thug said.

"Not anymore." Oliver said as he revealed he'd freed himself and quickly killed the three thugs, which was even easier this time before grabbing a phone and calling the cops.

After he'd gotten a lift from the cops back to the mansion, he found that he was confronted with none other than Detective Lance and while he knew that eventually he and Quentin would make amends, but right now, he was a hardass that required a lot of willpower not to kick the crap out of.

"So that's your story? A guy in a green hood flew in and single-handedly took out three armed kidnappers? I mean, who is he?" Quentin asked.

"Why would he do that? I don't know. Find him and you can ask." Oliver said.

"Detective Lance. Surely you're investigation has nothing to do with how you feel about my son." Moira said.

"We're just doing our job." Hilton said.

"Well Detective Hilton, I'm sure you'll understand if I prefer to deal with only you in the future, since your partner has an axe to grind with me." Oliver said and Hilton nodded.

"I think we've got everything we need anyways. Let's go." Hilton said as he dragged Quentin out.

"I'm not sure if now is the best time for you to be moving out." Moira said.

"Mom, I was serious when I said I wanted to leave the nest. But maybe we could start looking into a bodyguard." Oliver said.

"I think that's a fair trade Moira." Walter said and Moira nodded.

"Okay. I will start looking into potential candidate now." Moira said.

"Actually, I was already looking into this after I got back and I found someone I think would do. Search the name John Diggle." Oliver said, knowing this was the perfect time to bring John in.

"I will check him out." Moira said and Oliver nodded.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have things to unpack." Oliver said and Moira and Walter nodded.

Oliver was on his way out to his bike when he accidentally bumped into Laurel.

"Not that it's not good to see you, but what brings you here?" Oliver asked her.

"I heard about your kidnapping and I wanted to make sure you were okay. Just because I'm still pissed at you doesn't mean I don't worry about you." Laurel said.

"Well thank you, but I'm fine." Oliver said.

"Yeah I suppose after 5 years on that island, a simple kidnapping is nothing. But anyways, where are you going?" Laurel asked.

"I got my own place and I was actually in the process of unloading the van when I was abducted." Oliver said.

"Huh, barely home a day and you're already moving out." Laurel asked, but this time, Oliver could tell that she was a bit amused.

"I wanted my own space. I'm a grown man, I think I should have my own place." Oliver said.

"You really have changed." Laurel said.

"I told you. The man I was when I got on the Gambit went down with it." Oliver said.

"Maybe now I'm really starting to believe it. And I'm sorry about my dad." Laurel said.

"Don't be. He's always been an ass to me, but now it's been justified." Oliver said.

"Still, I think you've suffered enough for what you did. I just wish he would to." Laurel said.

"The only way he'd stop is if Sara came back from the dead and I'm not sure it that's possible." Oliver said.

"Maybe, but still, I'll talk to him." Laurel said.

"I can't ask you to jeopardize your relationship with your father. You've both been through enough because of me." Oliver said as he walked passed her and got on his bike before driving off.

After he'd finished bringing his stuff into his new apartment, Oliver was trying to figure out how he'd be bringing John into the fold when suddenly, he heard something he wasn't expecting.

The opening of a breach.

"What the hell?" Oliver asked as suddenly a familiar face jumped out of it.

"Cisco." Oliver asked.

"Oliver, what the hell did you do?" Cisco Ramon asked and that was how Oliver knew that somehow, Cisco was aware of what he'd done.

"Long story. Find a place to sit and I'll explain." Oliver said and Cisco nodded.

That's right, I brought back Cisco, since I think with his powers, he'd be aware of what had happened. No the particle accelerator has not gone off yet, but Cisco was able to retain his powers due to the reality shift since they're tied to the multiverse.