Chapter 109

Brick grinned as he came back from patrolling the Glades. It seemed as though the deputy mayor had done as he asked, since there wasn't a single pig in sight.

"Well, it looks like these muppets might actually live through the night after all." Brick said as he looked over at the four aldermen who were tied up in the corner of the precinct he'd turned into his base.

"It's only a temporary measure. Once mayor Lance gets back, she'll send the entire police force in after you." Sebastian Blood said, though he was thinking that this was the opportunity he'd been waiting for to take the mayorship from Laurel Lance.

"Shut up yank." Brick said as he got tired of listening to Blood's prattle and shot him.

"Well, it looks like only three aldermen are going home tonight. Any of you thinking of wising off to me?" Brick asked as the other aldermen wisely kept their mouths shut.

"I didn't think so." Brick said, right as the lights flickered.

"What's going on?" Brick asked as suddenly, a loud cry pierced the air and all the windows shattered.

"They're here." Brick said White Canary, Frostbite, Arsenal and 6 other people in the same black garb came in through the shattered windows and Green Arrow came in by breaking the door down.

"My father will not be happy about this." White Canary said.

"Bill it to Queen Consolidated." Green Arrow muttered as they turned their attention back to Brick.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" Brick asked as he took them in.

"You may have scared the cops out of the Glades, but we're not cops." Frostbite said.

"Oh I know. But I didn't think you'd be foolish enough to attack me while I have hostages." Brick said as he raised his gun and fired at the hostages, but before the bullets could make contact, suddenly, a wall of ice erupted, blocking the bullets before they could reach their targets.

"Too slow blockhead." Frostbite said.

"It's Brick." Brick growled as his guys came to his aid.

"You know your missions. Let's do this." Green Arrow said as he lunged towards Brick while White Canary and the League agents engaged Brick's thugs while Frostbite and Arsenal went to free the hostages.

The moment Tommy was alone with Brick, his vision turned red, since this was the man who'd ruined his life and now it was time to make him pay for it.

Brick did his best to fight back, but it quickly became clear that he was outmatched as Green Arrow wailed on him mercilessly, tossing him to the ground and aimed his bow at him.

"Daniel Brickwell, you have failed this city." Green Arrow said as he prepared to fire the kill shot.

"Don't." White Canary said as she arrived in time to see the sight.

"Why not? He deserves to die." Green Arrow shouted.

"That's not what we do. At least not anymore. You kill him like this, in cold blood, than you're no better than him." White Canary said.

"What?" Green Arrow asked.

"I know Brick wronged you and you have every right to want revenge. But this isn't the way. If you truly want to defeat Brick, then do it by being a better man than him. One who makes the right choice. The makes sure he faces justice the right way." White Canary said.

"He ruined my life." Green Arrow insisted.

"So what, you take his life. How does that make you any better than him. Or better than the Dark Archer?" White Canary said and Green Arrow sighed as he finally came down from his bloodlust.

"You're right. As much as I want to kill him, I realize that would let him off too easily. He has a lot other crimes to answer for." Green Arrow said as he lowered his bow and then punched Brick out.