Chapter 132

"Wait, you knew that the Gambit was going to rigged and you could've warned dad about it, but you chose not to. You got him killed." Oliver said angrily after Emiko not only told him about the Ninth Circle being a terrorist financier organization, but also that she'd known about the Gambit and could've warned their father about it.

"I was angry at dad because he chose give Queen Consolidated to you instead of me and I decided that deserved what he got. I am sorry about you and that Sara girl." Emiko said.

"I don't know whether to kill you or thank you right now." Oliver said.

"What?" Emiko asked, thinking that while wanting to kill her was understandable, she was surprised that he'd ever thank her for what she did.

"The Gambit going down is what caused me to become the man I am today. The son, brother, husband, CEO and hero I was meant to be. And while I'm pissed that you got dad killed, if I were in your position, I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing." Oliver said.

"No Oliver. You're a much better person than I am. Even back then, you had a good heart. You would've warned dad." Emiko said.

"If you want to atone for it, then help me find the people who tried to kill your mother." Oliver said as he held out his hand, which Emiko hesitantly shook.

"Except I'm not staying." Emiko said.

"What?" Kazumi asked.

"I need to find out who tried to have you killed and I can use the resources of then ninth circle a whole lot easier if they don't know I've reconciled with the brother I've spent my whole life hating." Emiko said.

"That's fair, but Emiko, promise that when you find something, you'll tell us. My team will have your back. You just have to let us." Oliver said and Emiko nodded.

"Thank you Oliver. For saving my mother." Emiko said.

"I've devoted my life to righting the wrongs of my family. This was just another thing on the list. But Emiko, if you are playing me, well, the last person who tried that is currently rotting in hell and I will have no problems having you join them." Oliver said.

"Don't worry. Now I think there might be a future for me outside of the ninth circle. But first, I need to find out who arranged the hit." Emiko said.

"Be careful. I just started getting along with you. If the Ninth Circle finds out what you're up to." Oliver asked.

"I'll take as many of them down with me as I can. But I know how to fly under their radar." Emiko said.

"Still, don't be afraid to reach out if you need help." Oliver said.

"I will." Emiko said.

"I'll leave you two alone." Oliver said as he walked out.

Moira was surprised when Raisa showed Roy Harper into the parlour.

"Roy, what a pleasant surprise." Moira said with a smile.

"Sorry I didn't call ahead, but Thea has no idea I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way." Roy said.

"I think I know why you're here." Moira said with a smile as she gestured to Roy to sit down.

"I love your daughter more than I ever thought it was possible to love a person. Thea has helped me turn my life around, turn it into something positive." Roy said.

"And now you're here to ask for my blessing?" Moira asked and Roy nodded.

"Just like how Laurel is the only girl I've ever approved of Oliver dating, you are the only boy Thea's ever dated that I've approved of. The positive influence you say Thea's had on you, it goes both ways. You've had a really good impact on her." Moira said.

"So, is that a yes?" Roy asked.

"Of course, but I'm not the only person you need to ask." Moira said and Roy grimaced.

"Why do you think I came to you first. I'm hoping that Oliver will be more open to agreement if he knows that you approve." Roy said.

"I highly doubt that will make much difference, but knock yourself out." Moira said with a smile.