Thats the Funeral way

It's a surreal experience. Hovering over a body, maybe you haven't has that yet though. I'll elaborate so you can slip into it just enough that you WANT out of your mind

-*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*-

The pastor is speaking, droning in the background reading a prewritten scripture word for word.

How many others have heard this speech before? You wonder and grip your chair without realizing it, Only letting go when you feel your knuckles start to numb.

Anger wells inside of you, But you aren't angry. You use the anger to mask the hurt.

You look up just in time to hear the last few words he'd speak that day. They were wonderful people.

Damn right they were. You think and want to spit at him. You didn't know them, you have no right to say that.

Maybe there's a picture on screen for you to look at during the meantime, but you find yourself with your head down. It hurts to see them again.

You step up just in time to watch their body being encased fully in their coffin.

Maybe you give a speech, Surprisingly, your voice doesn't wobble nearly as much as you thought. But the words you're saying seem foreign.

Maybe you cling on to a few lines, but the rest is forgotten soon. You hear yourself speak but it doesn't sound like you.

Cause it's not you. You can never be exactly the same after a death occurs. Maybe you write, Maybe you sing, Maybe you do nothing at all.

As you ride home from the burial grounds you begin losing all ties to reality, all holds on time, every single grasp of life.

What does it matter anyways. It's just the last living, breathing person you cared for gone.

Whatever. Other people have it worse right?

Cause it's just. It's just the funeral way.
The funeral way, The cold icy hands of death slipping through and touching you ever so slightly that you're shivering for weeks.

Unable to move, speak, or think correctly the funeral way leaves you shredded.

Shredded. Absolutely torn from limb to limb preventing any possible functions that could help you.

That's how it is. 

-*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*--*_*-

Weird isn't it? How maybe you won't feel anything while reading it but it'll leave some mark on you. Maybe you think back to it weeks from now- Maybe.