Nobody Notices Do They?

Nobody gives a shit about Student's mental health until they have to.

Maybe you know this firsthand- Before a student commits they don't have the posters and the assemblies, they don't have the counselors on the clock and they don't have anyone who actually cares. But after? After it's everywhere. Positive notes are stuck to hallway walls, Inspiration posters in the bathrooms, People put up signs that say numbers you can text if you feel depressed.

That's pretty fucked up if you think about it.

Because nobody gives a flying fuck until the world and people get so bad and so mean that they can drive a student to kill themselves and THATS when they decide to do something.

AFTER the damage has been done and reality shakes through the building they care.

BUT THEY DON'T REALLY. Because maybe they pay a little more time to it BUT NOTHING CHANGES. THE STUDENTS STILL PUSH THE QUIET KID IN THE HALLWAYS BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY WON'T STAND UP FOR THEMSELVES. THE TEACHERS STILL DEGRADE THE STUDENTS PUBLICLY. THEY OVERWHELM THEM WITH USELESS BULLSHIT UNTIL THEY GET PUSHED OFF THE EDGE.

Because nobody notices. That once a student commits, another will. And another. And another. And like dominos or the plague it spreads its toxicity throughout the school until the breaking point.

And that's not okay.

And putting a poster up in the hallway does nothing unless it's by a student for a student that actually means more than a hollow message you colour printed off of google or Silent Whispers Inspirational Quotes.

So please.

Take caution