Part 4

Bunty woke up extremely hungry, she quickly got into some clothes and rushed into the kitchen, she froze when she saw her mother in the kitchen "where did you go yesterday?"

"Out with my new friends" she semi-lied, she didn't know if she counted the Shelby's as friends yet.

"Out where?"

"The countryside, one of their brother's had a car and took us out. Can I just get something to eat and then can I leave?"

"How did you get the bruises?" She questioned further.

"I fell," she said bluntly.

"Bunty" her mum sighed, "we just worry about you"

"You don't need to, I'm perfectly alright. I can care for myself" Bunty grumbled as she grabbed something to eat, which she then ate on the way to the boxing rings. "Finn? You here yet?" She shouted into the building.

"Bunty, we're over here" she heard Isaiah shout over and she spotted him and Finn sat in one of the rings.

"So you're going to tell me about the business?" She said, joining them on the floor of the ring.

"Yes, and Tommy said you don't have to agree to it and you can back out," Finn told the girl.

"Okay," she looked at both boys expectantly.

And so they told her everything about the Peaky Blinders.

"So basically" she started once they finished talking, "you want me to join your brother's gang, blind people with those hats, and to possibly kill people?"

"Yes?" Finn answered unsurely, it didn't sound as bad when it wasn't bluntly said.

"Sure, why not?" She beamed and both boys were taken aback.

"Really?" They both said in sync.

"Why do you both sound so shocked?" She giggled, "don't you think a girl could handle it?"

"Well, we wouldn't say any girl could handle it, but you could--" Isaiah started but stopped before he said anything rude.

"Do I get my uniform now?" She said excitedly, practically bouncing on the spot.

"Yeah" Finn passed her the pile of clothes which were behind him and placed them in front of her.

She squealed happily and began unbuttoning her dress. Finn averted his eyes while Isaiah kept looking at her. "Finn, I'm not naked under this" she rolled her eyes, "besides, surely you've seen a girl naked before?" She stepped out of her dress and she realised that he turned red once more. "You haven't, have you?"

Finn said nothing, Bunty decided to drop it, not wanting to embarrass the boy any further. She pulled on the trousers and then the shirt, then the vest and lastly the suit jacket.

"You look stunning," Isaiah said and immediately Bunty's face burned, she'd never been called stunning before. He passed her her new hat, she looked at the shiny razors in the brim. She then placed it on her head.

"Now do I look like a boy?" She asked them.

"No... Well, a bit" Finn began to lie before admitting the truth as Bunty gave him a stern look. "If your hair was tied back then yes"

"Great" she huffed.

"I still think you look stunning" Isaiah shrugged. He then stood up, "right, we should celebrate"

"Which pub?" Finn asked, standing up alongside Isaiah.

"The first one we see" the boy replied.