Part 35

"Bunty" Michael said, Bunty turned at his voice and hugged him. "Shh, it's okay, he can't have gotten far"

"Let's just try and find him," Bunty said.

Michael led her to the first bar, "ah, Mr Gray, the usual?" The bartender asked. Bunty raised a brow.

"Nah, I'm actually looking for someone, my cousin, his name is Finn Shelby, about this tall, ginger, dressed like me?"

"Ah, yes, he came in about five minutes ago, drank a few drinks and then left," the bartender said.

"Do you know where he went?" Bunty spoke up.

"He went left out of the pub," he said, "I hope you find him"

"Yeah, thanks," Michael said, leading Bunty out of the pub.

Bunty and Michael went to every pub, bar and club in the area and very few of them saw him, it was now getting dark. "We should head back," Michael told Bunty, "walking around New York at night isn't a good idea"

"But Finn's out there!" Bunty cried.

"And we'll find him, but first let's go home," reluctantly, Bunty allowed Michael to drag her back to the apartment building.

Bunty went in hers, "Finn, darling? Are you back?" She questioned into the building.

There wasn't a reply and she shook her head at Michael, "he's not back"

"Get some sleep, Bunty. I'll get some of Tommy's men to search for him, okay?"

"Okay" she sighed, she said goodbye to Michael and went to the bedroom and crawled into bed after getting into her nightclothes.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Michael went up the stairs to his apartment seeing at it was just a floor up and he saw Finn, knocking the door whilst sat on the floor. "Finn?" Michael questioned, walking closer to his cousin.

"Michael, we need to talk" he slurred, standing up and swaying in place, "you fucked my wife"

"Finn, I know, we did. I'm sorry"

"I want you to tell me something," he slurred, staggering over to him, "do you love my wife?"

"No, I don't," Michael said, "I never loved her, not in a romantic way, I only love her as family, Finn. Besides, I found someone here that I'm interested in, okay?"

"Am I not good enough for Bunty?" He asked.

"Bunty loves you, Finn. You're more than good enough for her."

"But you two fucked"

"It didn't mean anything, Finn. Now listen to me. Your wife is in your room crying because she knows she fucked up, she's crying because you're angry at her, she's crying because you left her when you meant to be on your honeymoon. Now go down there and apologise to her"

Finn nodded and hugged Michael. "Just promise me you won't fuck her again?"

"I promise I won't," Michael told him truthfully.

"Good" Finn nodded and started walking down the stairs. He opened the door and walked into the apartment. "Bunty, sweetheart? Bunty?" He shouted into the apartment.

Bunty sleepily stumbled out of the bedroom, wiping her eyes, "Finn? Finn! You're safe" Bunty rushed over and hugged him tightly, "I'm so sorry I slept with him, I was just so mad at you"

Finn grabbed her face gently with both of his hands making her look at him, "I should be sorry" he said, his voice still slurred but it wasn't too bad,  "I shouldn't have gotten mad. I also fucked that whore so we are even"