Part 30

"I don't want to get out of bed" Bunty groaned sleepily, exhausted from her previous night's endeavours, she burrowed her head deeper into the pillows.

"Come on, Tommy's invited around Alfie Solomons and he's crossed us before so we're needed," Finn told her, kissing her shoulder as it was the only part of her that she could reach.

"Fine" she mumbled, rolling out of bed, almost slipping on her undergarments on the floor.

"You're so beautiful" Finn commented from the bed, laying lazily on top of it.

"And you're so handsome," Bunty said, kneeling down by one of her suitcases looking for her undergarments and her uniform. Eventually, she found them and pulled them on, Finn just watched from the bed. "You know, you're the one who said we had to leave"

"I'm thinking about changing my mind to stay with you, in bed," He told her.

Bunty rolled her eyes after pulling on her shoes and grabbing her pistol and her hat. "Hurry up, Finn" she winked before going down the stairs, seeing all of the dogs curled up on the sofas and armchairs. "Come on, go pee," Bunty said, holding the door open, letting them all run out to the square.

When she saw they were all done she whistled and said "in" and they all came running up the stairs and into the house.

Bunty quickly refilled their water and food bowls and then made some toast. Thankfully Isaiah came back the previous day and told them that Linda made them some food to get them started.

She was eating her toast on the only chair they own, without a table, "we need to go furniture shopping at some point" she commented handing him his toast.

"Yeah, but I doubt it'll be for a while, not with the Italians hanging around"

"There's plenty of places in Birmingham we can go to, but right now, as you said, we've got work to do"

They made it to the place where Thomas was making the gin. They stood outside waiting and guarding the door as Tommy and Alfie were chatting. A few men were approaching.

"Tommy, there are men approaching," Finn told Tom, who in turn asked if they could bring them in.

"Hi, Mr Gold, hi Bonnie" Bunty greeted, realising it was them.

"Good day, Mrs Shelby," Mr Gold said, walking past them first.

"Hello, Bunty," Bonnie said with a smile. Bonnie looked at Finn and nodded before following his father.

"He seems awfully friendly with you" Finn commented.

"Uh, can you stop being so jealous," Bunty said, playfully nudging his arm. "I've just spoken to him a few times. You don't get jealous with me talking to Isaiah"

"It's 'cause I know Isaiah wouldn't fuck you now that we're married. That Bonnie guy, I'm not too sure"

"It takes two to fuck, Finn. Does that mean you wouldn't trust me because I'd go fuck someone, is that it?"

"No, I trust you," he told her, pressing a kiss to her temple, "I don't trust other men with my wife"

"Well then, I don't trust other women being near you" she threw her arms around his neck, pulling him into a deep kiss.