Part 19

"Finn," Bunty said as they patrolled the streets of Small Heath.

"Yes, Bun Bun?" He questioned.

Bunty stopped in her tracks giggling, "did you just call me Bun Bun?" Finn's cheeks lit up, "that's adorable but I hate it"

"Okay, Tee" he winked.

"That's not much better" she laughed, "but anyway, I was going to say, did you know Linda's pregnant?"

"She's pregnant? Arthur didn't tell me. How did you know?"

"Esme told me," Bunty said, "he didn't tell you when he told Tommy and John?"

"No, he didn't" he frowned.

"Fuck, maybe it was going to be a surprise," Bunty said.

Finn scoffed, "yeah, right. I'm always forgotten or purposely left out"

"Finn, don't say that it's not true," Bunty told him.

"Oh fuck off, you know it is true"

"Actually, I do know it's not true. Since I arrived here in Small Heath, when we were fifteen, you were never allowed to do major things like setting fire to pubs or beating a man to death with your brothers but now you can, they're including you. Okay, maybe they don't tell you everything but everyone gets left out of things all the time." Bunty explained angrily.

Finn looked away, undoubtedly pouting as he realised she was right.

"I'm going home, I'll see you later, Finn," Bunty told him with a sigh.

"Bunty, wait-" he turned around but she was already gone. "Fuck"

~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Later on that night, Bunty woke up to someone kissing her neck, "Finn?" She questioned, turning over in bed.

"I'm sorry, Bunty" he slurred.

"Fuck, Finn. You're drunk, aren't you?" She told him.

"I only drank one or six," he said, smiling lazily before going to kiss her, she turned away so he kissed her cheek instead. "Do you want to hear a secret?" He questioned quietly into her ear, "you mustn't tell Bunty"

"Okay, I promise I won't tell Bunty" Bunty rolled her eyes at the boy.

"I think I loved her even before we got married" he slurred, gently playing with her hair.

"Finn" Bunty's heart fluttered at his words but then guilt set in, so all the times they were rather flirty before, it was real on his part and on Bunty's side it was more jokingly.

"Bunty? When did you get here? You didn't see a girl around here?" He looked startled.

"What girl? Should I be worried?" She said jokingly.

"No!" He exclaimed, "we didn't do anything, I promise," he told her.

"Let's go to sleep, Finn," Bunty told him, lightly pulling him down to cuddle with her, this time she was spooning him as he hugged her around the waist and tucked his head in her shoulder.

Within moments Finn was fast asleep but Bunty had so much gathered on her mind.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"Your brothers are asking for you," Bunty said, shaking her husband so he was awake.

"Why does my head hurt so bad?" He whined, covering his head with the pillow.

"You drank too much, apparently," she told him, "just take this and you'll feel a bit better" Bunty passed him the medicine and he took it. "I'll leave you to change," she told him, leaving the door and going outside to his brothers. "He confessed he loved me last night," Bunty told John and Arthur.