Part 17

Bunty sat there nervously, what if Finn did say no? What will happen to their friendship? Who would she marry then? What if no one wants to marry her?

The door opened, revealing a very confused looking Finn, "Tommy?" He questioned, "Isaiah said it was an emergency."

"Ah, yes," Thomas said, indicating Finn to take a seat. Thomas went on to explain the situation, Bunty sat, looking down at her hands, not wanting to look at Finn's reactions.

"So to sum it up, if Bunty doesn't marry someone, i.e. you, she'll have to marry a toff and therefore leave Small Heath forever" Thomas summed up and clapped his hands together.

"Bunty?" Finn said, "Is this what you want?" He asked her softly.

"Honestly," she said, lifting her head and looking towards him, "I'd rather marry you than that jerk. Plus, you're my best friend, we could probably make it work" she said the last part unsurely.

"Right. That's sorted, we'll get Jeremiah to officiate, and I'll get Arthur, John, Michael and Polly to come to watch so you have witnesses."

"I guess we're getting married," Bunty said, looking back over at Finn.

"I guess so" Finn smiled.

"I'll get Grace to bring you over a dress to wear for the ceremony and possibly the charity dinner later," Thomas told her.

"Thank you, Tommy," she told him, using his nickname for the first time, "I don't know what I'd have done without you."

"It's no problem, Bunty" he smiled, "Finn, go tidy yourself up. It's your fucking wedding day" he told him. Finn just chuckled with a smile before leaving. "Bunty, I'm going to collect everyone, so I'll be going back home, but I'll be back as soon as possible, just sit here."

Bunty nodded, staying sat in his office.

It took a few hours for Thomas to arrive back at his office with Grace, Grace shooed the man out of his own office, "technically this is one of my formal dresses for events but this'll be okay to wear as a wedding dress and then you could wear it for dinner tonight" Grace smiled at Bunty.

"It's beautiful," Bunty said, touching the light pink fabric, "thank you so much," Bunty told the woman, hugging her.

"Put it on. I meant to get you dressed and ready within this hour," Grace told her.

"Right," She said, taking off her shoes.

Bunty got changed into the pink dress, smoothing out the fabric, she got sat down on Thomas's chair while Grace put her hair up, the two were interrupted when Polly and Ada walked in, "I heard that someone was getting married" Ada announced excitedly. Bunty and Ada met a few times before, but they instantly clicked even though they were so different. "And to my baby brother no less."

"It's a bit short notice" Polly commented, placing down a box on the table.

"I know, Polly," Bunty said, "I haven't got another choice," she told her.

"You better not break Finn's heart," Polly told her sternly.

"He's my best friend; I can't do that to him."

"Well, Bunty. I'm glad you and Finn are getting married like Polly said it's a bit short notice, but I think you two will be great together."

"Thanks, Ada" Bunty smiled. "What's in the box?"

"A veil," Polly said,

Grace finished up with her hair and did some makeup but not a lot since they didn't have enough time. A car honked and Grace quickly fastened the veil over Bunty's head. "You look wonderful."