Chapter 7

"I was thinking.." Shawna said, flipping through the pages of the magazine she was reading.

"About what?" I asked, scrolling through Twitter.

She closed her magazine and sat up, running her hands through her hair nervously.

"I think I have a crush on someone.."

I dropped my phone next to me and stood up.

"You what?! Who?!" I asked, clapping my hands together. Finally she would admit that she had a crush on Ashton!

Her face turned bright red. "I don't wanna say"

"Are you being serious?! Why not?" I asked, grabbing her shoulders and gently shaking her.

She laughed and pushed my hands off of her and stood up.

"Its just that I don't want it to be weird once you know who it is.."

"Why would it be weird?" I said, trying not to smile. I don't want her to think I know who it is even though I clearly do.

"Because he's one of our friends.." She said, twirling her fingers around nervously.

It was seriously hard to keep my laughter in at this point. I'll let her tell me who it is when she's ready, which will be soon because she's horrible at keeping in secrets.

"Okay, I have an idea" I said.

"Oh God, what" She said, putting her hair up.

"How about you ask him out?"

"WHAT NO I CA-"

"C'mon Shawna." I said inturrupting her. "Just ask him to go to the beach with you or see a movie! It doesn't have to be a 'date' " 

"I don't know.." 

"Why don't you ask him to watch a movie with you and I'll 'randomly show up' so you guys won't be alone?''

She stayed quiet for a few minutes before she answered. "Okay, that's actually a good idea!"

I smiled as she stood up and grabbed her phone to text Ashton.

THE NEXT DAY

Shawna just texted me and said she was already at the movies so I took that as my cue to go. I asked Luke if he wanted to go with me but he said he was busy which was weird.. But I texted Calum and he quickly agreed.

"Andrea!" My mom yelled from downstairs. "Calums here!"

I grabbed my bag off my bed and headed downstairs.

"I'll be back in a few hours, I'm just gonna watch a movie with Calum!" I said, kissing her on the cheek and opening the door. I didn't bother to tell her the real reason why because she would just ask 30,000 questions.

"Just Calum.. not Luke?" She asked, walking over toward me.

"Yep, I gotta go" 

I closed the door behind me and got in the passenger seat.

"Ready to do this?" He asked, pressing play on his Blink-182 CD.

"Yep!" I said, putting on my seatbelt.

As we were driving, Calum reached over and turned the volume down.

"I can't believe Shawna likes Ashton.." He said.

I stared at him in disbelief. "You didn't know that they liked eachother?!"

"Nope!" He said, popping the 'p'

"How?" I asked while laughing. "They both make it so obvious"

"Apparently not to me" He said, chuckling.

We arrived a few minutes later and Calum walked over and opened the car door for me.

We walked into the theatre and over to the ticket booth.

"One tick-"

"Two tickets to The Fault in Our Stars please" He said, inturupting me and giving the cashier the money.

"Calum" I said.

"What?" he said as he took the tickets.

"You didn't have to pay for me!" I yelled, lightly hitting him in the chest.

"Yes. I did." He said, grabbing my hand and gently placing it back at my side.

We were staring at eachother for a few seconds before I said "I um think we should go now. They're probably waiting"

He just nodded and finally tore his dark brown eyes away from mine.

The theatre was packed and dimly lit, so it was difficult to see where they were. 

"They're on the very top row." Calum said, pointing in that direction.

"Okay, lets go!" I whispered and started walking up the stairs, Calum following closely behind.

Once we reached the top of the stairs, I stopped suddenly, causing Calum to bump into my back.

"Why'd you stop?" He asked, moving to stand next to me.

I couldn't answer him. My whole body felt like it went numb. I don't know if I wanted to scream or cry, but I almost did both.

Because sitting next to Shawna wasn't Ashton.. it was Luke.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT (: