Chapter 15

I almost spilled my cup of coffee all over the table.

"Girlfriend?" I said, trying not to yell so I wouldn't wake Luke up.

"Well, not real girlfriend" He said, shoving more food in his mouth.

"I'm confused.."

"Okay, management thinks that in order to bump up our popularity and album sales, one of us should have a girlfriend."

"And how exactly does that help?" I asked, wondering how someone getting a girlfriend would make more girls want to buy the album.

"I'm not exactly sure.. but since Luke is the most well known of the band, they decided to use him. They go out on a bunch of fake dates and hold hands and crap in public, but behind the scenes they don't talk. All part of fame I guess"

Part of me is relieved that he doesn't have a real girlfriend, but the other part of me is still jealous. Real feelings can develop even if they are fake dating.

"Have your sales gone up?" I asked, taking a drink of my coffee which is now cold.

"Actually they have. I was surprised"

"Surprised about what?" Luke mumbled, walking down the stairs in only black skinny jeans. His hair was matted down from sleeping on it all night and he looked hot.

"Uh nothing" I quickly said, not wanting Luke to find out that we were talking about him.

He just gave me a weird look and went to the fridge to get something to eat.

"Hey Ashton, do you mind taking me home? I wanna shower and stuff before tonight" I asked, getting up and putting my empty coffee mug in the sink.

"yeah no problem!" He said, walking over to the sofa and grabbing the keys.

"I can do it." Luke said, walking over to me.

"No it's fine Luke" Ashton said. "You ready Andrea?"

"Yeah" I said, turning away to follow Ashton out the door. I didn't want to admit it, but the reason I didn't ask Luke was because I was a little angry that he didn't tell me he had a "girlfriend". Tonight's gonna be fun, I thought sarcastically.

___________________________

Once Ashton dropped me off, I showered and got changed. I put on a black t-shirt dress with some knee high black boots and curled my hair. I wanted to look nice but not get too dressed up.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was 5:30. Ashton said the car would pick me up around this time, since they had to be at the Forum early to do a soundcheck.

A few minutes later a blacked out Range Rover came and I got in. Do all celebrities use these cars? They must because the windows are so tinted, I couldn't even see outside. The drive was quiet since it was just me and the driver but I didn't mind. Around 6 we pulled up to the back of the Forum. I heard screams everywhere, probably thinking I was one of the boys.

Once I got out of the car, the screams died down instantly when they realized I wasn't anyone important.

"Hey, that's Selena Gomez's best friend!" someone yelled out.

Yeah Selena posts a few pictures of us on her Twitter and Instagram but I didn't think anyone would actually pay attention to me. I didn't know what to do so I just smiled and waved. The girl that yelled that out almost looked like she was about to faint. Everyone started screaming again and a guy wearing a shirt that said "Event Staff" quickly ushered me inside the building.

That was so cool to be noticed like that. I wonder if that's how the boys feel all the time.

"Right this way." The man said, leading me down a long hallway.