Chapter 11

All I heard was a gasp from Shawna, staring at me with wide eyes. Calum and Michael were both staring at eachother, wondering what in the hell just happened, and I was terrified to look up at Luke but of course I did anyway.

What surprised me was his expression. It was completely blank. 

We all sat in complete silence before Luke spoke up.

"I'm happy for you guys."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. He's happy for us? Just a second ago he looked like he was about to beat Ashtons face in.

Ashton looked just as confused as I did. 

"Uhhh thanks man.." Ashton said, looking over at Michael and Calum. They just shrugged, not knowing how to respond to this.

"Your not mad?" I asked, looking up at Luke.

He laughed lightly "Why would I be?"

I just stared at him, waiting for him to stand up and say you know what I'm not fine! But he just continued to stare at me, his smile never faltering. 

"Because your two bestfriends have been dating behind your back?" Michael chimed in.

I looked over at Michael and gave him the meanest look I could.

"Michael.." Calum said, resting his head in his hands.

I couldn't take anymore of this. I got out of Ashtons grasp and ran upstairs into Shawnas room and slammed the door. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I just started crying. I was crying so hard I could barely breathe.

How could Luke be fine with me dating Ashton? I thought forsure that he would be jealous and announce that he likes me but him just sitting there smiling proved that he doesn't.

I heard on the knock on the door and I quickly sat up, wiping my eyes before yelling come in.

Luke walked in and gently shut the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and sat next to me, making the mattress shift a little from his weight. 

I didn't make eye contact with him, instead I just stared down at my hands.

"Have you been crying?" he asked, grabbing my face with his hand and making me look up at him.

I quickly moved my head out of his grasp. "No."

He looked hurt. "Andrea.. please tell my why you're crying. I hate seeing you like this."

I took a deep breath before answering. "I lied to you."

Luke confused. "About what?" 

The look on his face almost made me not tell him but I knew I had to before this went too far.

"Well, Ashton and I aren't really dating." I said, looking up into his blue eyes.

"what? Then why would you say that?" He said, looking like someone stabbed him in the stomach.

"Because I wanted to make you jealous."

The pain in his face made me want to start crying all over again. and I did.

"Andrea. I can't believe you lied to me." 

I still couldn't tell him the real reason I did it was because I liked him. "Because I felt like Shawna was taking you away from me." I said, which was partly true.

I didn't think he understood what I said since I was crying so hard but Luke sighed and moved closer to me, wrapping his long arms around my body and pushing me into him.